Sea Emporer w/Parrot Island Sunday 7/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcosis:
I posted a picture so you can recognize me! I'll be the big one having rediculous amounts of fun!! Don't be scared to say hi and meet some new friends!

Oh, we dove Hibiscus street in LBTS on the 4th. I tried to be a nice guy and loaded a fellow Scubaboard divers meter.Black beetle bug with a Scubaboard/DAN stickers!
What a dumb***! The polite gentleman who lives across the street informed me the meters were free for the holiday. So 12 quarters later don't I feel stupid! :shakehead

Oh well I guess it's the thought that counts.

I do believe it's the thought that counts:D I'm sure when you expect it the least some strange person with a good sense of humor will put 12 quarter in your meter. I couldn't help but laugh because sounds like something that would happen to me. Unfortunatley can't get down that way for a couple of weeks. Have a triathlon on the 16.

Anyone going to be down in the keys for Mini season? I'm going down for a girls week. Do some diving, lobster, sunnin, diving, partyin:D Now remember I'm new to diving but am told I am a fish and my instructor says he found a new dive partner. Now if I only could ditch the responsibilities and go dive.

Looking forward to meeting new friends. I'll try to figure out how to attach pic and avatars. New to the forum realm as well.

Kat
Central FL

Right on Kat!

I'll be down in the keys for mini season. I'll be across the street from the Tiki bar in Islamorada tuesday,wednsday and thursday, Then I'll be at my brothers place behind the airport in Marathon thursday night through sunday.

If your in the neighborhood send me a PM for more details. Should be most excellent! All new friends are always welcome!!

I'm out the door! And BEGIN!!! See ya at the boat!!

Marcosis:
Oh, we dove Hibiscus street in LBTS on the 4th. I tried to be a nice guy and loaded a fellow Scubaboard divers meter.Black beetle bug with a Scubaboard/DAN stickers!
What a dumb***! The polite gentleman who lives across the street informed me the meters were free for the holiday. So 12 quarters later don't I feel stupid! :shakehead

Oh well I guess it's the thought that counts.

I just noticed this... the Beetle was mine & the polite gentleman was my neighbor!! :D I was right next to him when he told you. Parking was freee in LBTS from Monday 6 PM through Wed 6 AM so I moved my car across the street so that I could free up a spot if I had any guests show up (& I did). Thanks for trying to take care of a fellow Scubaboarder, though. Have fun on PI today!

sorry I couldn't make it ... I ended up getting the " I want to stay in bed " dilema :)

the 2 dives from yesterday took everything out of me

Fast...sounds like you had a great dive yesterday, but missed a great one today. Had 70' of vis on the Sea Emp...Goliath Groupers, big rays, etc. 5 new divers got certified with us...pretty cool.

Boatlawyer...I thought you were in for this one too. We were looking for you!

Wow! What a great 2 tanks!! Most excellent vis on The Emporer. Damn...Sand, How big was that Goliath (or 2)!! That's the first time I saw the Emperor. Definately hit that again.

I didn't get to see the big green moray I've heard about. Old Wrongway Brian made off after that nice stingray for some photos, Sandbar had to reel him back in.(I think he would have went home with that ray!)
Hey Wrongway...Let me know when you're low on air before ya hit 500psi at 70 feet!! I see ya found Sand's octo!

We (Sandbar,Wrongway Brian and I) met a bunch of cool people on the boat today.Like Sand said 5 new divers (Congrats to them!) a couple of other newly certified divers from Coconut Creek and a couple who came down from Jacksonville just to catch this dive!!

Of course I tried to promote Scubaboard. Hopefully they show up here!
Didn't find any other Scubaboarders on the boat today but I'm gonna keep askin!!
Boatlawyer we missed ya! Fastattack ya missed a great dive! We'll keep up the posts!

I'm running on as usual... Later Friends! Marc

hehe I know I did.. Sandbar forgot to call me btw :p

I would've gone if I got a call the night before to setup my alarm, but by the time i woke up the next morning it was already 9:30 so I knew I had missed you guys... :(
( I went to sleep at 10pm too lol)

Marcosis:
Wow! What a great 2 tanks!! Most excellent vis on The Emporer. Damn...Sand, How big was that Goliath (or 2)!! That's the first time I saw the Emperor. Definately hit that again.

I didn't get to see the big green moray I've heard about. Old Wrongway Brian made off after that nice stingray for some photos, Sandbar had to reel him back in.(I think he would have went home with that ray!)
Hey Wrongway...Let me know when you're low on air before ya hit 500psi at 70 feet!! I see ya found Sand's octo!

We (Sandbar,Wrongway Brian and I) met a bunch of cool people on the boat today.Like Sand said 5 new divers (Congrats to them!) a couple of other newly certified divers from Coconut Creek and a couple who came down from Jacksonville just to catch this dive!!

Of course I tried to promote Scubaboard. Hopefully they show up here!
Didn't find any other Scubaboarders on the boat today but I'm gonna keep askin!!
Boatlawyer we missed ya! Fastattack ya missed a great dive! We'll keep up the posts!

I'm running on as usual... Later Friends! Marc

Ahh, had to work Sunday so no go for me and my bud.

The moray is well worth the whole dive. It usually hangs out inside, and comes out when divers are around. The first time I saw it, it was swimming under my dive buddy as he was entering the Emperor head down. Imagine finning downward and unless you tilt your head towards your feet, you don't really see your chest area. This is where the moray(I forget her name) was in relation to my buddy, her head under his chin, and her tail just under his feet, swimming in unison. I almost swallowed my reg in shock as this was the first time I saw her. Glad to hear you had fun. Maybe in the future we can set up something with other conch divers.

Stevetim, Sorry you had to work. That's usually MY case.
The dive was most excellent!

It seems I've become addicted to Scubaboard.

You're always welcome to drop with us!
Along with any other new unmet friends who happen to show up!!
Keep an Eye out for us in this forum!
I'll post all scheduled dives as well as reports!

PS - The Moray's name is "Baby"

Later! Marc

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom