Sea Elite 300 bar Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey:
Well it must, because with the order valve bonnet nut, nylon washer and then O-Ring, the nylon washer has to be part of the sealing solution to the HP chamber beneath the bonnet nut.

I know I have the right parts, having three isolation manifolds means I have nine valve bodies I can look at, and so far I've looked at six and they're all the same, I'm just surprised that it works in that configuration, that's all...

Roak

Took a closer look at one of my manifolds and see what you're talking about Roak. Seems as though the washer is crammed in the valve stem nut not only to tweak tolerances for the o-ring, but also to provide a nice smooth surface for the stem's o-ring to move on when the valve is operated under pressure. And it does look like it is providing a seal for the valve stem nut on its outer circumference.

mgdive:
Took a closer look at one of my manifolds and see what you're talking about Roak. Seems as though the washer is crammed in the valve stem nut not only to tweak tolerances for the o-ring, but also to provide a nice smooth surface for the stem's o-ring to move on when the valve is operated under pressure. And it does look like it is providing a seal for the valve stem nut on its outer circumference.
I guess I have to write it off to what works, works! :)

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom