Sea Elite 300 bar Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, these guys have been backordered since the beginning of time. What other options do I have?

I was thinking of getting the Halcyon...it is expensive, but I can live with that. I have also heard the DiveRite is the same as the Sea Elite but with different knobs...any truth to this? I noticed Genesis makes a manifold too...bad? good?

Thanks

O-ring once bubbled...
Ok, these guys have been backordered since the beginning of time. What other options do I have?

I was thinking of getting the Halcyon...it is expensive, but I can live with that. I have also heard the DiveRite is the same as the Sea Elite but with different knobs...any truth to this?

Thanks

I have 2 Halcyons and one Sea Elite. I started with Sea Elite but had to go to Halcyons for my next 2 sets of doubles (one new, one previously had a Sherwood manifold which pooped the bed during a fill) when the Sea Elite went backordered (months ago).

The Halcyon is a beefier manifold than the Sea Elite but performance is about the same for both, excellent.

I heard also that the DiveRite is a basically a Sea Elite with garbage knobs, not positive it's truth though.

Last time I talked to Divers supply they said the Sea Elites were in transit from factory so you might recheck with them just before you order.

My personal recommendation is to go with the Halcyon if you can handle the price.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...
The Halcyon is a beefier manifold than the Sea Elite but performance is about the same for both, excellent.

I heard also that the DiveRite is a basically a Sea Elite with garbage knobs, not positive it's truth though.
We have Halcyon and Sea Elite and they are identical... you couldn't tell them apart.

We also have a Dive Rite and it is identical too... now that we changed the hard plastic knobs out for the soft rubber ones.

I agree... check with DS and if they can't give you a ship date on the Sea Elite spend the extra few bucks and get the Halcyon... just make sure it isn't backordered.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

We have Halcyon and Sea Elite and they are identical... you couldn't tell them apart.

The Halcyons I have look "thicker". I think they recently changed the casting design a bit. I'll have to compare them side by side tonight.

Tom

I have the diverite one on my steel doubles and just changed out the knobs for the rubber ones rather than the garbage plastic ones it came with.

I have Diverite and Halcyon. The Halcyon requires les turns on the valve. Also, I had to replace the orings on the Diverite because the stock ones make the valve very hard to turn. The orings are very soft and they gum things up. I haven't tries any others but it seems like they are all hard to get at times. We have waited a looooong time for both the DR and the Halcyon. They only make so many at a time.

Should I skip the diverite and go with the Halcyon? Sounds like the dive rite is the same as the sea elite and cheaper than the Halcyon.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

...an opitical illusion cause by altered perception due to the intense desire to get more because you paid more.

Perhaps so Pug! I'm curious as heck now and will check tonight!

As for availability of Halcyons, my LDS has a bunch in stock and will ship. PM me for contact info if needed by anyone.

Tom

The ones from Divers Supply were the same as the Halcyon. I see Halcyon has now changed the casting of theirs to include the logo. I don’t know if anything else has changed.

The Dive Rite has the same basic design, however, if you take it apart you will see it is machined differently. From a user's perspective the action on the Diver's Supply Sea Elite is smoother.

The last time I ordered them from Diver’s Supply it took 3 or 4 months to get them. If I couldn’t wait that long I’d probably go with the Halcyon rather than the Dive Rite.

Back
Top Bottom