DIR- Generic Current best manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huwporter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm in the market for an isolation manifold for Faber 12s; I have two Halcyon manifolds in use and I'd happily get another if they were still made. Regretting the two I sold.

Must be: double barrel o-rings, 300 BAR DIN, rubber knobs. Ideally available off the shelf in Aus. Who is good these days?

Alternative left field suggestion, just to spice the discussion up;

Since I could be likely assembling and breaking down these twins on a regular basis when I want sidemount or single 12s;

300 BAR LOLA valves and flexible manifold. You know, like those rebreevery dudes use. Please explain to me at great length why this is a stupid idea? What is the failure rate of those flexible manifolds working out to be anyway?

partial pressure filling a lola manifold is a pain in the ass dont put it on your doubles. they also leak helium so you have to leave the isolators closed when you store them

dive rite manifolds were always great

Helium mixes I can stick in my other two twinsets, this is going to be for nitrox use only. And I can get membrane nitrox so partial pressure filling not a problem. I'm prolly just going to get a regular manifold and put up with the assembly/disassembly but more wondering how much of an issue those extra failure points of the flexible manifold are in reality?

Breaking down twins and reassembling on a regular basis is another pain in the ass and adds undue wear and tear. I'd pony up for another pair of cylinders.

I also like DR manifolds but would go with any major brand, low-profile, double-barrel manifold.

I'm happy with the valves from Dive Gear Express, particularly the long necks. Idk if they ship to you though

Helium mixes I can stick in my other two twinsets, this is going to be for nitrox use only. And I can get membrane nitrox so partial pressure filling not a problem. I'm prolly just going to get a regular manifold and put up with the assembly/disassembly but more wondering how much of an issue those extra failure points of the flexible manifold are in reality?
They also tend to leak from that little hex screw that you bleed the crossbar from. I wouldn’t if I were you.

I'm in the market for an isolation manifold for Faber 12s; I have two Halcyon manifolds in use and I'd happily get another if they were still made. Regretting the two I sold.

Must be: double barrel o-rings, 300 BAR DIN, rubber knobs. Ideally available off the shelf in Aus. Who is good these days?
Check if you’re able to get XS Scuba. I have their valves (now split up for SM) on three sets of tanks. Nice big rubber knobs and the hand wheels turn very smoothly and require less turns than other valves.

DISREGARD. Not 300 bar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom