DIR- Generic Current best manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All useful input, thanks all.
I'd pony up for another pair of cylinders.
Between me and my other half, we own 14 tanks already. (And under Aus standards, they all have to be tested annually.) I really don't want to acquire yet another two for the handful of occasions in a year when I want another twinset for boat diving - it just gets to the point where you are diluting the number of times each tank gets actually used before it has to be tested to something ridiculously small. I agree on the wear and tear and pain in the ass though - if nothing else I CAN just dive sidemount.
They also tend to leak from that little hex screw that you bleed the crossbar from. I wouldn’t if I were you.
Useful to know, thanks
300b is a downgrade from 200b. It’s not stronger, just more annoying and more likely to bend if it gets whacked.
Alright, let me rephrase that. I don't particularly care about the number of threads in the DIN orifices, but the manifold must be good for >= 232 BAR working pressure to match the tanks.

Looks like I can get a Dive Rite with working pressure 3500PSI - that could work.

Since you're in Australia and working with 12L tanks.

1. Nautec manifold
2. Apeks manifold
3. XS SCUBA manifold
4. Thermo manifold
5. Dive Rite/Halcyon manifold

** If you have money to burn and you want to the absolutely smoothest valves on the market, check out Nautec.** A lot of people in the UK and a few other places in the EU were raving about Apeks valves and manifolds before Nautec came out. **

If you're on a tight budget, find something used and decent. Service it and lube it up generously and it'll should be nice and smooth for your V-drills.

I'm in the market for an isolation manifold for Faber 12s; I have two Halcyon manifolds in use and I'd happily get another if they were still made. Regretting the two I sold.
As were on Scubaboard a rebreather or two, Huw

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom