SDI Wreck Diving Certification available at Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been contacted by Alec Ranck of Southern Scuba (Ft. Worth, TX) and was told that he will be teaching the SDI Wreck Diving class the same weekend that we will be at Lake Travis (May 25-27). And he has graciously opened up class sign ups to anyone who will be attending.

Alec is the regional (Texas and surrounding states) representative for TDI/SDI as well as a excellent instructor. He is qualified to teach all recreational and technical classes from basic open water through full cave (and probably more that I'm not aware of). He is also one of my instructors for my DiveMaster class (along with Ron Carlo and Steve Christiani).

The SDI wreck course is intended to teach the basics of wreck diving to open water (recreational) divers. There is some lecture involved along with a few dives. This will be a full course so that upon successful completion, you will receive a c-card.

If you desire to learn more about wreck diving, including how to properly go inside of a submerged wreck, then you can take up the TDI Advanced Wreck certification.

Alec has asked me to find out how many folks might be interested so he can have enough materials ready. So if you are, please reply to this thread.

I don't have the cost of the class at this moment, but I will find out and post a reply real soon.

--TexasMike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom