SDI/AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had not heard that. SSI has historically been dive shop linked. The local shop I get fills at is SSI and they are still offering classs.
Could be a regional thing... From what I was told by my instructor/owner of LDS they wanted to focus mainly on West Marine stores which are a Boating/fishing store in FL (not sure about elsewhere) they have a so called "Flagship" store nearby and they will be doing SSI/Mares sales out of it.

Could be a regional thing... From what I was told by my instructor/owner of LDS they wanted to focus mainly on West Marine stores which are a Boating/fishing store in FL (not sure about elsewhere) they have a so called "Flagship" store nearby and they will be doing SSI/Mares sales out of it.
It's more likely that your lds was upset that mares/ssi was selling and working with West Marine than mares was unwilling to work with him. Without any inside knowledge at all I am fairly confident that they are not focusing mainly on West marine

West Marine Takes Deep Dive into Scuba Market
Essential gear now available online at westmarine.com and at two Florida stores

Watsonville, CA (October 24, 2014) -- West Marine, the world’s largest waterlife outfitter, today announced the company has launched a full dive program in two Florida stores and an exciting online dive experience on westmarine.com. In an unprecedented relationship with Mares Scuba Gear, Scuba Schools International and Guardian Scuba Instruction LLC, West Marine is positioned to offer customers in Jacksonville and North Palm Beach three of the key components of a full dive center: regionally appropriate dive products, the full range of SSI scuba classes and services such as tank fills. The new dive product assortment, which is also available online at westmarine.com includes dive computers and gauges, regulators, buoyancy control devices, wetsuits, tanks and accessories

Back
Top Bottom