SD-1 Military Tan Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jose,
These seem to have the toughness of the Pro's, the material of the Tan Deltas, the adaptability of the Adjustable's, the sculpting of the Extra's and maybe the speed of the Excellerater's!

Your pictures and words have convinced me, I need a pair. Now if I can convince my wife that I need 3 pairs of FF. Maybe a new 20-20-20 program would help?

Csicnomore, sorry the delay in replying ... SD1 are effectively a combination of all the fins you saying
I have a Pro, a Extra Force Fin Tan Delta, a Flying, and a SD1 ... and long ago I exhausted my apologies to my wife. :)
I am lucky because my wife also dive, and really it was she who convinced me 10 years ago to use the Force Fin...
The day I received the Fliying Force Fin, my wife told me: These fins are beautiful, the next fins are for me !
Now I have a big problem, I have to buy two!
Best regards
Un saludo amigo

Jose

Jose and Blair,
My wife certified while we were dating, which prompted me to recertify. We have a 2 year old and a baby so she hasn't dove since we got married, but so far she has supported me in my Force Fin purchases. We are at present on an RV trip that has taken us through 19 states. Missed a dive in Florida, the dive shop couldn't fill the boat, twice. We're now in northern Arkansas waiting out bad weather. Hoping to get my FF's wet in a lake. Next stop Louisiana! Hoping to make California by December, San Diego and maybe Santa Barbara for a visit to FF headquarters. Gotta see some SD1's in person.
Joel

CSICNOMORE,
Great story and what an adventure you are are on now. It would be great to see you in Santa Barbara in December and if the weather and time permits even get a dive in! Take care and safe journey!

I am taking my SD-1's on a couple of deep drift dives tomorrow and will show the local divers a great pair of Fins!

People were impressed and there was great diving and on the 2nd I broke out the pro's which I have not dived in couple of years.

At the recent NOGI Awards Gala which was held on November 5th in Orlando Florida Nick Caloyianis gave Bob Evans some photos from his latest work.
IMAX%20NickCaloyianis%20wForceFins%20%28c%29Clarita%20Berger%20.jpg

In these photos Nick is diving with the SD1 Military Force Fin in the Great Lakes. He is pushing an IMAX camera for the film "Mysteries of the Great Lakes"
IMAX%20NickCaloyianis%20wForceFins%20%28c%29Clarita%20Berger11.jpg

Bob was asked to make a fin for military divers that could push heavy loads through the water and this is why the SD1 Military Force Fin was born. The IMAX camera and housing Nick Caloyianis is using in these photos is a monster and he told Bob the SD1 Fins were a perfect match for the job. Thanks Nick for sharing your experience and your photos.

Above photos taken by Clarita Berger

Back
Top Bottom