Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Im looking at purchasing a used MK10 first stage with G250 second and a R190 Octo are these good regs if been serviced yearly like they should have been I know these are a little older but I heard they were a pretty good setup if taken care of and what would be a fair price for them.

I just relegated my Mk10 with 2 G250's to back-up status last year. I bought it used for $250 (with a gauge console no compass) in 1993 out of the rental stock of a dive shop. Dove a lot of cold water with that reg and never had any problems.
Ber :lilbunny:

Great reg (MK10/G250). I would not worry too much about service history as long as current condition is clean and working. A friend of mine picked up a Mk10 with two G250s and gauges on ebay 2 years ago for $200. They were in pretty bad shape but a good servicing was all they needed. The R190 should work fine as an octo for recreational diving.

Last time I had mine rebuilt one of the o-rings was completely shredded (shop showed it to me) I had never noticed any difference in the way it breathed LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:

That is a good solid combo. As long as they are taken care of there is no reason they shouldn't last for years.

I also just bought this same regulator combo. My LDS gave the 1st stage rave reviews. My purchase did not, however, come with any paperwork on these regs. Does anyone have this paperwork or know where I might get it?

I use the Mk10/G250 pretty much exclusively, one as my primary reg and the other for my pony. I service one a year so they are serviced every other year (and I do 225-350 dives a year). Never had a real problem with them in terms of functionality.

In fact I am having to replace the Mk10 first stage body on my pony reg... it had two significant cracks in it, yet it still breathed OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom