Scubapro X650

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobra8472

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been looking at this regulator a bit, and read some good reviews.

Money is not an issue, however on the board i've heard of some problems with it, something about it getting worse after 5+ dives?

Anyways, any information is helpfull.

Every instructor at our shop used the mark 25 until the weather got cold and the regs starting freezing. After attending a scubapro seminar where they encouraged us to "de-tune" the regs when the water was cold we all switched to aqua lung. I'm diving a couple of apex regs now.

Cobra8472:
Money is not an issue, however on the board i've heard of some problems with it, something about it getting worse after 5+ dives?

I got one, no problems so far, but I made only 10 dives with it. As far as I checked prior to buying it, the problems with the X650 were related to first series, the insignia on it was all white. The revised/fixed model has a blue X in the 'X650'. No reported problems.

For the 1st stage, it depends what you're looking at. People do have remarks on MK25 due to freezing issues. I got a MK25, but all the dives I made with it were in the adriatic, so it's too early to tell... Have to wait for winter.

BTW, if you happen to stumble accross a service manual for the X650, do let me know. :D

I have not had problems with the Mk 25 design in water as cold as 45 degrees, but below that I have had Mk 25 using buddies freeze up (although mine was still fine).

The early production X650's had some issues with the contour of the lever and this was made smoother and more rounded on the reintroduced X650's. The diaphragm was also changed with a low friction plate in the center.

If it has the Blue X650 logo, it is the updated version and should be fine.

I do have an X650 second stage that I bought for evaluation purposes for sale. It is in like new condition and will be shipped with a fresh annual service if you are interested in upgrading to an X650 while keeping your old first stage.

Cobra8472:
Been looking at this regulator a bit, and read some good reviews.

Anyways, any information is helpfull.

I have one that ive been looking to sell brand new still have the tags on it never been registered in anyones name i would love to sell it for around $450

Thanks for the helpfull replies

I do have an X650 second stage that I bought for evaluation purposes for sale. It is in like new condition and will be shipped with a fresh annual service if you are interested in upgrading to an X650 while keeping your old first stage.
Actually, this would be the first piece of my own equipment. I'm afraid i don't have my own first stage yet :wink:

Back
Top Bottom