Scubapro warranty clarification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy:
I can imagine that...in some cultures they don't do meat. And it works the other way too: I was surprised to find that in Germany McDonald's serves beer. I'm sure they recoil at the idea of America, where you can't even have a beer with your Big Mac. :)

Seriously tho, I sympathize with you and I'm not condoning, or passing judgement either way, how Scubapro does its business. Only point I was trying to make was that SP's American distributor and SP's Asian distributor are two separate entities, and one of them offering a special program does not obligate the other to do the same. That's what makes sense to me, not the reasons for your distributor not offering it. A warranty is a basic requirement for ethical business; offering free parts is an extra added bonus that i'm guessing the US distrib cooked up as a marketing tactic. It would be nice if your guys offered it too, and I wish they would, but unfortunately they don't have to.

Keep in mind that all I'm going on is what I learned from Scubapro themselves. I could be dead wrong about everything. Who knows?

cheers

Billy S.

You are too sold up on the manufacturer's crap. Double standards. Wake up and smell the coffee.

All right, all right. Whatever. Take my first post in this thread for whatever it's worth. I'm dropping it because I really don't care either way, and I'm really not interested in arguing over it.

And Tim, with all due respect, if you have a problem with the way SP Asia does business, take it up with them, not me, okay? Do what I did--send them an email. Tell them exactly what you told me. You might get somewhere.

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
All right, all right. Whatever. Take my first post in this thread for whatever it's worth. I'm dropping it because I really don't care either way, and I'm really not interested in arguing over it.

And Tim, with all due respect, if you have a problem with the way SP Asia does business, take it up with them, not me, okay? Do what I did--send them an email. Tell them exactly what you told me. You might get somewhere.

cheers

Billy S.

Hi Billy,

We understand what you are talking about at your first post. You just tried to give some useful information about SP warranty policy, didn’t you? Everybody knows your efforts. But, as you may know, there are a lot of many international board members in this board. I believe it is one of major advantages for this board. So, some members have many valuable experiences that you have never known. Other members also have tried to give some clues to your post. Aren’t you interested in what is going on in other world’s scuba industry? If then, you don’t need to mention about the oversea stuff from now on. I knew and met many hicks who think that they live in the center of world in the Mid-West states. I am sure that you aren’t one of them. So, please don’t be defensive. At least you learned some thing from other members in this thread.

Safe dive!
Hoosier

Hey Billy S. Sorry if I offended you. Not my intention. But I was trying to get a point across and tell the others what really goes on in the other part of the world. Sorry Bud.

Anyway for the reading pleasure of everyone, I applause Suunto's warranty policy. What happen was I purchased my Stinger in Singapore about 1.5 years ago and unfortunately the unit got flooded with water and shorted out after a battery change by an authorised dealer over here in Malaysia. The unit was sent back to Finland and a new module was returned back to me with no questions asked even though legally they could have refused the claim because of the international warranty technicalities. I did not have to pay a single cent. :crafty:

Two years ago, the strap on my new Nitek3 broke, making use of the computer a bit difficult. I wrote DiveRite an email asking for a replacement strap. Within a week or two I received a replacement strap, no questions asked, by express mail to the Philippines, on their dime. My hats off to the folks at DiveRite.

Those are the manufacturers that deserve our support. They stand behind what they say and not just pay lip service to get you to spend your hard earned cash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom