Scubapro Vs. Oceanic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All, It has been a number of years since I've been active on this forum. I find myself getting close to retirement and I'm ready to dive some parts of the world that I've only seen in magazines. I'm ready to upgrade my computer and since I'm a bit behind the curve I thought I would ask some knowledgeable divers their thoughts...... I've been diving with Oceanic computers for many years. I like the tune of their algorithm as it relates to allowable bottom time. I always thought Oceanic was a bit more liberal on the calculation of time remaining. Note, I did dive a Suunto once but found it too restrictive and sold it. So I'm asking how the Scubapro algorithm, on the Aladin A1 wrist mount computer, compares to the Oceanic Veo. Truthfully I like the looks of the Scubapro better than the latest Oceanic, Geo 4.0. I have read that the Scubapro has a microbubble adjustment to tune the conservatism but wanted some real dive time feed back. Thank you all for your time. Good dives.

+1 shearwater peregrine

Can of worms. I have dived Oceanic computers, running DSAT, for 19 years, 2000 dives. I have also been diving Buhlmann with GFs for 5 years, a little less than 900 dives. Personally, I would not dive Scubapro ZH-L 8 or 16 ADT MB. It is a proprietary, secretive algorithm, only used by Scubapro. It is said to have adjustments for breathing rate, heart rate, and skin temperature, completely opaque to the end user. The baseline algorithm is moderate.

Another Oceanic as back up ie. dive both together, not keeping the spare in your room. You are going to travel to far flung places
Oceanic Geo for $240.00 at LeisurePro.
No need to spend over $300 for a recreational computer.
They are all safe.

Can of worms. I have dived Oceanic computers, running DSAT, for 19 years, 2000 dives. I have also been diving Buhlmann with GFs for 5 years, a little less than 900 dives. Personally, I would not dive Scubapro ZH-L 8 or 16 ADT MB. It is a proprietary, secretive algorithm, only used by Scubapro. It is said to have adjustments for breathing rate, heart rate, and skin temperature, completely opaque to the end user. The baseline algorithm is moderate.
Thank you Dada. That is the kind of info you won’t read on a sales website.

Thank you all for your comments. I will look at the Shearwater. I’m not familiar with it at all. Thank you.

Thank you all for your comments. I will look at the Shearwater. I’m not familiar with it at all. Thank you.
Shearwater is the gold standard of dive computers. Plus, they’re made in Canada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom