ScubaPro Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yoda4x4

Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you who dislike ScubaPro, read this:

I had a 7mm ScubaPro Steamer wetsuit where the right ankle zipper had broken (wetsuit was ~ 3 yrs old). I brought it to my LDS for them to return to ScubaPro for repair/replacement. I just got it back yesterday... BRAND NEW WETSUIT. No questions, no complaints. Now that's what I call customer service. I don't know about the rest of you, but they just earned my repeat business.:thumb:

You know, no matter what you are dealing with, cars, dive gear, fire equipment etc... everyone has their own opinion. I dive primarily with Dacor and Scuba Pro, I have always been happy with them and the service I recieve but if you talk to anyone else in my area all you hear about is MARES, MARES, and MARES (MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA, Brady bunch joke!!) I dont like mares, even though they own dacor now. But, as momma always said, to each his own!! I am always glad to hear of a satisfied customer!! Makes me want to do business with them.

No problem with ScubaPro here. Dropped a wetsuit off that was unravelling at the ankle. Took it back at the LDS no questions asked.

Still waiting on getting it back though. I am high and dry right now with work so am in no hurry.

Good for you!

That kind of service will undoubtedly earn raves and repeat customers.

replacing a 3 year old wetsuit with a brand new one, thats service. I would have thought that they would have tried repairing it.

As I've commented on another thread... I bought my ScubaPro gear in 1991 and I'm still diving the same gear today. Working as an instructor it's gotten a lot of use and a lot of abuse over the years. Yes... I am a fan and a loyal customer.

It's great that you got such good service from a manufacturer. Working for a shop that carries different lines of equipment I can tell you some very good ones about each manufacturer and also some very bad stories. Unfortunately, the horror stories usually involve the reps, but they are direct represenatives of their manufacturer.

Wishfully, all of our service problems could be taken care of so quickly and happily as yours.

I purchased a used SP MK20 UL on eBay a number of years ago. I travel a lot and found myself swtiching between DIN and yoke setups all the time. On one trip I had a little problem removing the DIN and ended up breaking the threads off inside the reg. I called SP and asked if it could be repaired. I explained that there was no warranty as I had purchased it second hand. They said send it in and we'll take a look. A week later I got a call from the service tech saying they had decided to replace the reg with a new (and updated) model...at NO CHARGE. Scubapro forever!!

Gr8fldiver once bubbled...
I purchased a used SP MK20 UL on eBay a number of years ago. I travel a lot and found myself swtiching between DIN and yoke setups all the time. On one trip I had a little problem removing the DIN and ended up breaking the threads off inside the reg. I called SP and asked if it could be repaired. I explained that there was no warranty as I had purchased it second hand. They said send it in and we'll take a look. A week later I got a call from the service tech saying they had decided to replace the reg with a new (and updated) model...at NO CHARGE. Scubapro forever!!

Thats a way to get a longtime FUTURE customer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom