ScubaPro Regulator Maintenance question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's within two years for PFL regardless of how many dives on the regulator set. They have no idea how many dives you've done.
I guess they expect people to be honest:

As to service parts, I find some on eBay, some from friends, some from dumpster diving (lot's of shops have parts they think go to obsolete regulators like from last year, lol) and from various vendors and trading. Plus I have a down low source as long as I only purchase just what he thinks I need :wink:.

Here is one good source and as well VDH:

And the regulators just do not need nearly as frequent servicing as seems prevalent. The last time I let anyone touch my regulators or similar equipment was years ago when I lived in Houston, a long time ago. I brought a new Mares in for a warranty bulletin involving cracks in the polymer second stage at the hose connection. Yes, they fixed that with a new housing and put channel lock plier marks on my first stage!

James

I guess they expect people to be honest:

James
Am I wrong or does that read that you don't qualify for regulator parts for life unless you also own a SP BC, octo and computer? I mean how many people is that? I know very few people who have all that.

Am I wrong or does that read that you don't qualify for regulator parts for life unless you also own a SP BC, octo and computer? I mean how many people is that? I know very few people who have all that.
Well, that is what it says, that is why I linked that page in post number 2 in this thread earlier and wished you "good luck" as it sure seems to indicate that. Ask your friendly local Scubapro dealer is my advice.

It is a good program for a new diver or a diver coming back in to kit out. For me, I think I will just do my own service, parts are just not hard to come by for the determined scrounger like me.

Many more than you think. We service at least 200 reg sets annually on the PFL program. Customers tend to buy the cheapest SP computer which usually gets resold pretty quickly after initial purchase.

Or you can look for a good deal from an overseas reseller, get the devices for half price, and save enough money to pay for 8 years of service kits.

I am a certify service tech for a bunch of brands ( including ScubaPro). I know the shop I work for don't sell the kit to anyone for liability purpose. Not only that, ScubaPro uses a special mutli-tool to open the 1st stage which you will also need. The tool cost about 95 dollars in amazon. To get certify as a service tech, you need to be sponsor by a shop from what I understand ( that how I was able to attend the class) There are also other tools you would need to have as well of course.

I am a certify service tech for a bunch of brands ( including ScubaPro). I know the shop I work for don't sell the kit to anyone for liability purpose. Not only that, ScubaPro uses a special mutli-tool to open the 1st stage which you will also need. The tool cost about 95 dollars in amazon. To get certify as a service tech, you need to be sponsor by a shop from what I understand ( that how I was able to attend the class) There are also other tools you would need to have as well of course.
You don't need ScubaPro's $95 tool. A $10 pin spanner works fine.

true, but the multitool have the few things that I can use for 1st and 2nd stage. Can you use other tools, yes but as an service tech, we can't just use any tool which can potentially put scratch marks on customers gears b/c the tool you use slipped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom