ScubaPro Regulator Maintenance question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I app
true, but the multitool have the few things that I can use for 1st and 2nd stage. Can you use other tools, yes but as an service tech, we can't just use any tool which can potentially put scratch marks on customers gears b/c the tool you use slipped.
l applaud you :). I wish the "service techs" that have serviced my regulators in the past had used the correct tools instead of pliers and hammers and maybe chisels.

The only reason I came to own a new G260 set with Mark 17Evo is that it was offered to me at such a price as that I simply could not refuse :wink:. Otherwise I was quite happy and more than a little proud of my G250 fleet. In fact, the G260/Mark 17Evo set has sort of thrown a monkey wrench into my desire to convert to G250 second stages with Mark V and Mark 25 first stages exclusively. But I guess the G260 really is just a G250V with a modern face and clever repackaging of the same old goodness the G250 has always been even before I discovered where the party was. I was always fashionably late.

true, but the multitool have the few things that I can use for 1st and 2nd stage. Can you use other tools, yes but as an service tech, we can't just use any tool which can potentially put scratch marks on customers gears b/c the tool you use slipped.
You should tell the techs who have worked on my gear!

I'd have Scubapro's tool if I was getting paid, but for my own gear I just take care and use the tools I have.

I am a certify service tech for a bunch of brands ( including ScubaPro). I know the shop I work for don't sell the kit to anyone for liability purpose. Not only that, ScubaPro uses a special mutli-tool to open the 1st stage which you will also need. The tool cost about 95 dollars in amazon. To get certify as a service tech, you need to be sponsor by a shop from what I understand ( that how I was able to attend the class) There are also other tools you would need to have as well of course.
You can get every tool you need here:

And here:

The only thing this does not have is a compass:

And again:

During my scubapro tech classes, Renee insisted that there was no reason whatsoever to ever touch a regulator with a pair of pliers. There shouldn't even be a set on the workbench. Scubapro does like their special tools.

Page 5 of the Dive Rite manual- "use pliers to loosen..." :)

LOL, yep and also never use anything but bass picks and what does he use in the class to demonstrate? stainless steel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom