Scubapro or Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bratface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Henderson hyperstretch is pretty much a rag now and it's time for a new 3mm suit. I have a Scubapro 5mm and 0.5mm. I like them both but it's a struggle to get my feet out of the 5mm which is 3 years old. The Henderson doesn't offer any warmth anymore, but I keep telling myself, one more season.

So I am a female and want a good fitting suit that I can take off by myself and not have my buddies hang me upside down or pull me off the bench. I am not interested in any other brands, so if you have any input on these two suits, let me know. Thanks.

I think you will be pleased with the advancement of the Hyperstretch, Henderson for me any day of the week. Then again alot of other companies have followed suit with new improved stretchy material... My grandfather always said, "dont fix it, if aint broke". Go with what you know and whats comfortable to you. Go put a new one on and see how you like it.

Have you tried the Scuapro Everflex range?

Go with Henderson. Good products, much choices, great looking suits, affordable prices and an awesome customer service / advice.

I would recommend either the Thermoprene Jumpsuit in 5mm or you wait until the new Aqua Lock comes out. I guess ETA is 08/11.

Why 5mm? Because every flight and every dive make the material thinner...

Try on both, whatever feels most comfortable buy it.

Try on both, whatever feels most comfortable buy it.
+1

In my 5mm, I went from the Henderson Hyperstretch to the Henderson H2. Cut of the suit was a little different (as it was going from the Gold Core to the Hyperstretch). The H2 is a big improvement in a couple of ways... The Aquasilk laminate keeps it from pilling so much, and the ankle zippers are great. Not too keen on the glideseal wrists, though (too tight -- I have thick wrists).

All that being said, I also tried the Aqualung and ScubaPro, and came close to buying the Aqualung instead of the H2. It all came down to off-the-rack fit.

Thanks for the input everyone. My Scubapro is an 5mm Everflex, the one I have trouble getting my feet out of. I live on an island where we have 5mm water, 3mm water and dive skin water temps. Also, since most people come here to dive and bring their suits with them, a big selection isn't available. My LDS will order for me, but shipping costs are involved for returns.

You have all provided enough information for me to make a good choice. Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom