Scubapro online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son:
I dive a Mk5 that I bought new in spring on 1978. That would be 27 years old now. It's in the shop for service now, parts are mostly no problem. The only part that he can't get is the exhaust T, that they don't make. But all the internal parts are readily available, and some are considerably cheaper than they used to be.

Last I checked, exhaust Ts for the R109 are still available (Black only and a somewhat newer design). I've got one on order now so hopefully I will be able to confirm in a week or 2.

BTW, still no response to my question from SP about the warrenty. I'm beginning to think they may just be blowing me off. Or maybe the answer is not as simple as previous answers to similar questions. I'll keep you posted.

Lemme know what you find out. I'd like to buy a spare for this reg, as I've managed to pop mine off while boat diving before. Fortunately in the boat so I found it.

But I won't sell this reg. My dad gave it to me for a birthday present. While he's since passed on, his gift is still keeping me alive in the water, something he personally would never try doing. But he supported my interest in diving since it 1st manifested when I was 10, so I plan to keep this reg in service & use as long as I can.

dirthead:
I bought a SP Mk25/S600 from my LDS in July, and registered the product on SP's website. Upon entering the serial number on the registration page, the name of my LDS popped up in the "dive shop purchased from" line. I didn't enter that information anywhere. It seems that at least in this case, SP is already tracking serial numbers, since they knew what LDS that reg set went to.
I decided to register my recently acquired regulators on-line last night. When I registered the two MK 17's I purchased in late September, the LDS name popped and I know for a fact that the shop owner did not do anything to register them, so SP is definitely tracking specific regulators. The Scubapro site also asked for the purchase price, so they have the potential for the customer to report any discount pricing that may occur under the MAP.

When I registered an X650 second stage, I purchased about a year ago, the serial number immediately came up as "invalid" and the system prompted me to e-mail Scubapro with specific information to complete the process. I am not sure what happened here, but I supect the 12 month delay between sale and registration has not helped at all and/or the shop owner may have registered the reg on-line. I really doubt it, as I have never seen Mike do that before, but maybe.

And when I registered a discontinued and new old stock Mk 20 D400 I purchased in July, the model number popped up with options to register the first stage, second stage or both, but it also said "dealer unknown". After entering this information, and the less than MAP purchase price (which was dealer cost plus 10% and was in fact allowed by the dealer agreement as the item was discontinued) it then decided this serial number was also invalid and prompted me to e-mail Scubapro. This reg had been sitting in another shop since 2001, so I suspect that SP had not been tracking regs at that time (Dealer Unknown) but that the system also flagged the less than MAP price for the item.

My conclusions from this very limited test are:

1. Scubapro is definitely tracking individual items shipped to specific dealers.
2. They did not do so a few years ago.
3. Their system has some rules in place to flag suspicious registrations.
4. If an authorized dealer is selling under the MAP, they are going to have to take care of the registration for the customer or the customer is going to report the excess discount when they register the product.

Wayward Son:
Lemme know what you find out.

Is your 2nd stage the R109 (Adjustable or Balanced Adjustable) or the HP (forefather of the R190)?

I think it's an R109. It's chrome plated brass with an adjustment knob on the left. The exhaust T simply snaps over a round exhaust port on the body, a friction fit.

Sea Diver uses bench seats. What I learned the hard way is that if I end up on the end of the bench, my 2nd hangs far enough down for the T to snag when I stand up, which pops it off the reg. Now that I know what's happeneing I can be sure to avoid the problem, but it still seems a good idea to have a spare, just in case I suffer a brain fart & lose the part one day :D

Wayward Son:
I think it's an R109. It's chrome plated brass with an adjustment knob on the left. The exhaust T simply snaps over a round exhaust port on the body, a friction fit.

Sea Diver uses bench seats. What I learned the hard way is that if I end up on the end of the bench, my 2nd hangs far enough down for the T to snag when I stand up, which pops it off the reg. Now that I know what's happeneing I can be sure to avoid the problem, but it still seems a good idea to have a spare, just in case I suffer a brain fart & lose the part one day :D

OK. But you will also need hot water and K-Y Jelly. I don't know about you, but if I try to put K-Y Jelly in my save-a-dive kit, I'd be in hot water. My solution to such diving "emergencies" is a complete spare reg in my save-a-dive kit. Reqardless of what happens, time from reg problem to fixed and ready to go is under 5 minutes.

Yeah, it is now possible for me to take a spare reg. That is only recently true, but it's my preferred system.

The times I lost the T I didn't know it until hunting on the bottom. I 'solved' the problem by switching to my octo for the rest of the dive. The reg breathes fine without the T, but the bubbles make it hard to see to shoot anything. Made for a good excuse to give the octo a solid workout, compared to my normal swap for the safety stop drill.

Wayward Son:
Yeah, it is now possible for me to take a spare reg. That is only recently true, but it's my preferred system.

The times I lost the T I didn't know it until hunting on the bottom. I 'solved' the problem by switching to my octo for the rest of the dive. The reg breathes fine without the T, but the bubbles make it hard to see to shoot anything. Made for a good excuse to give the octo a solid workout, compared to my normal swap for the safety stop drill.

I'd bet you could fashion an "emergency" T from a 5 or 6 inch section bicycle tube. Wouldn't take as much room and would save you about $20.

True. I'm not so worried about a temporary loss, where I find it again. I'm more concerned with a real loss requiring a replacement.

Rinkopr:
Watching what is an ongoing movement, I am going to purchase my own compressor as I don't think the LDSs are going to last. If a Ranger costs a dealer $400, and LP forces them to sell for $449, how can they stay in business keeping stock and staff available on demand and the overhead of a store.
Think WalMart in a small town...
You hit the nail on the head. I had customers bring in mail order magazines showing what they could buy equip. for. I had people come in and take an hour of our time trying things on with no intention of buying. They went and ordered from LP or some other source.
Bill as in ex dive store owner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom