ScubaPro MK25/G260 service help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just picked up a new M25/G260/G260 set for a steal. I have a couple of questions for the SP experts given this is my first SP reg.

The regs came without hoses and it wasn't until I'd traveled several hundred kms home and went to put on some hoses when I had my first head scratch moment.

Is there a special tool to remove/hold the jam nut/heat sink? I'm guessing so given it's odd shape/design. Seems strange that a special tool would be required to fit a 2nd stage hose so am hoping I'm wrong.

What Scuba Pro specific tools are required to service these regs? Does any one know where I can find a G260 service manual? Or is it similar enough to one of the other "G" range?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This works:

Scuba Tool.jpg

Thanks, yeah a bit of searching came up with the same. With Apeks when fitting hoses you need to hold the jam nut/heat sink to prevent the barrel from twisting. Is this also required with the SP? Or is it safe to tighten up the hose without holding the jam nut? Thanks.

I'll get the tool for sure as I'm not super comfortable tightening without holding the jam nut, just need to see if there is anyway I can get for a wee bit cheaper. Are there any other SP specific tools required to service these regs?

---------- Post added June 26th, 2015 at 07:11 AM ----------

ow indeed...$56 is a bit hard to swallow.

---------- Post added June 26th, 2015 at 07:12 AM ----------

Not taking into account the shocking exchange rate, yeah Abe-nomics.

Here it is more like Abby Normal...

I don't do my own regs *yet*. SP isn't real friendly about that. The reg gurus should be waking up soon, you'll get your answers.

I have a reasonable relationship with the shop owner, told him I wasn't interested in parts for life programme, he agreed to sell me kits. So now am just trying to figure out what tools I need to get and how difficult they are to service. I've been servicing my Apeks for a few years and they are super easy and require very few, well only one really, factory specific tools. I'm hoping SP are similar. Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated. Cheers.

I have a reasonable relationship with the shop owner, told him I wasn't interested in parts for life programme, he agreed to sell me kits. So now am just trying to figure out what tools I need to get and how difficult they are to service. I've been servicing my Apeks for a few years and they are super easy and require very few, well only one really, factory specific tools. I'm hoping SP are similar. Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated. Cheers.

That special tool will not fit over a conventional LP hose nut to engage the Scubapro knurled nut. But soft jawed pliers work fine or just wrap the knurled nut with a piece of inner tube and use regular pliers. You might even consider replacing the knurled nut with a conventional nut.

Back
Top Bottom