Scubapro Litehawk BCD - Retaining water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emelimelo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings everyone,

I got a new Scubapro Litehawk BCD which is already used in 3 liveaboards.

What I experience and find a bit odd is that it's hard to get the water out of the BCD fully.

After each dive, I inflate the BCD fully and then deflate it. Then again in the morning, and it still flushes out a considerable amount of water.
After I come back from trips, I keep flushing out water from it for several days.

Does this sound odd to you too or is it how this should work?

Many thanks in advance for all your feedback.

Best,

Emel

Yes leave your BC inflated so the water can trickle not impeded by the collapsed walls of the deflated one

Thank you!
it just keeps flushing out for days after a trip though.. is that normal you think?

You should probably rinse the inside every so often, hold the button down and add fresh water through the inflator, as Happy advised inflate and swish the water around and leave inflated, let it sit for several hours upside down. Pick it up with the corrugated hose at the lowest point and push the button to deflate, rein flare and let it sit a bit longer and drain again. Store it partially inflated if possible.

I’ve had a LiteHawk for several years and never had this problem. I always did as the 2 previous posts said, but I would drain from all 3 dumps. Worse case, the dump valves are easy to remove and replace, which should help with draining it.

Erik

Are you dumping when there is already no air left to dump underwater? Then water can enter the bladder. At the end of the dive after I take off my BC, I compress the bladder with the inflator at the lowest point with the exhaust open so I can squeeze out as much water as possible then, then inflate while I put the rest of the gear away, then repeat the process for the bladder before putting the BC in the car.

I have a Zeagle (Zena) and it came with this cool screw on inflator that you can take off to add fresh water and then to totally empty your BC (you have to turn it upside down). You can buy it separately and attach it to any BC with 1" flex hose. $63 on amazon or at zeagleexpress.com

Another thought is that every time you inflate/deflate your BC under water you are going to get water in your BC. Could you be over weighted?

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 8.17.52 AM.png

I rinse the inside with fresh water after diving, and drain as much as I can. Then I do get a bit more water out of it days later after bringing it home and trying to drain it again. I haven’t thought much of it, it’s my first bcd so I thought that was normal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom