Scubapro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windwalker once bubbled...
It felt good, It had plastic snaps - which I like - It had the real cool Padding that soaks up water and adds another 20 pounds of weight.

It adds 20 pounds of weight when you get out of the water, sure.

But it adds exactly 0 while you're in the water.

I recently went from a nice back inflate to a BP/wing. No contest whatsoever if you ask me. It's almost a different sport.

I am new here on this board and I am already getting tired of the teckkies. I tech dive to but you will not see me in a dodge dealership telling everyone that the only thing to drive is a ford. knowing some people can not see over the steering wheel. all i am trying to say is that. tech bc's are for some of us who are hard core into diving. some people do not have the drive to go caving or overhead . so they stick with what feel comfortable to them and some people in here are bashing them because they do not have wings. this thread is for questions and answers on DIFFERENT bcds not just one. if you have wings go fly. mine will stays hanging until i pack to go or someone ask me other than that i turn divers to the more relaxed bcds that way i can sleep knowing i did not jepordize someone dive trip with the one and only cool bp/wings... some people can not handle not having the feeling of being wrapped up like they are not going to fall out..anyways I am not trying to be a buthead so please do not take it that way .. read some of the threads and tell me if some people are not one track minded... dive dive dive

8buck once bubbled...
out..anyways I am not trying to be a buthead so please do not take it that way .. read some of the threads and tell me if some people are not one track minded... dive dive dive
Most efficient is most efficient in any environment... cave, wreck, or OW.
I dive pretty much exclusively OW, 100-110ft max. I dive a DIR rig.
Just because I'm not attempting to penetrate 11,000 ft into a cave, why would I not still want to use the most comfortable and most efficient system possible?
Why would I want to dive a different configuration where safety equipment would be stowed differently.... that in and of itself would mean that if I'm on a "tech" dive I would be using the equipment that my buddy and I are least familiar with... in a situation when familiarity with equipment is most critical.

Ya... you can tool around on the reef in a stab jacket and split fins and, contrary to some of the DIR nuts, actually manage to NOT die, but you will use more air and work harder than the DIR nuts.

RichLockyer once bubbled...

Ya... you can tool around on the reef in a stab jacket and split fins and, contrary to some of the DIR nuts, actually manage to NOT die, but you will use more air and work harder than the DIR nuts.

I just love broad generalizations based on opinion but presented as fact.

My daughter had AOW this weekend and I let her use my LadyHawk, and I used my husbands Knighthawk. I think it was because of the additional lift in the Knighthawk, but being on the surface was a struggle. I did let air out of the bc to try to minimize tilting forward, but it did not help much.

It was nice having steel d-rings on the bottom, under the integ. weights. The LadyHawks are plastic and tend to curl up under the bc. They hard hard to find with gloves on. The Knighthawks were easier to access and use. They were pretty similar as we have the same inflator hose, dump valves in the same place, etc.

Underwater they both are excellent at allowing a horizontal position. I don't think its a bad bc.

Juls

Brules wrote...
...I just wish I could come here and read a post of someone asking about a BC and not have to see the eventual "It sucks, buy a BP/WIngs" that seems to be as certain as the sun rising in the east and seting in the west.
:confused: Hold on... I thought you said that:

Brules wrote...
You BP/Wings people have poluted this particular forum (BCD's) so much, that when I browse posts in here, I immediately SKIP ANY post containing the words BP/Wing.
So, even though you skip the posts, they still drive you nuts?

Brules wrote...
I can understand advocating a certain piece of equipment, but you all take it to another level of fanaticism. Your attitude of looking down your noses at the rest of us for not subscribing to your BP/WIng religion turns ALOT of ppl away from it, and makes alot more resent you all for the way you beat it over everyones heads post...after post....after post. ... I come here to read up on what ppl think about different BC's and gather information for myself and others. Not to hear that everything but a BP/WIngs sucks....over and over and over.
Poor thing...it must be very frustrating to see others constantly posting opinions you don't approve of. I mean, how dare they! :(

Shouldn't you be at a book-burning or something?

metridium once bubbled...

Poor thing...it must be very frustrating to see others constantly posting opinions you don't approve of. I mean, how dare they! :(

Shouldn't you be at a book-burning or something?

Sorry, but you obviously didn't read my post Herr Comandant!

I never said that you all were wrong, or that I didn't approve of the opinion that the DIR's hold. I never said that you couldn't espouse it. And I for sure didn't say you should be prevented from telling others about it!

ALL I commented on was the way that the DIR ppl go about it, and the attitude (yourself included) that they cop 99.9999999% of the time, which is:

"If it isn't DIR/BP/Wings....it is crap"

Which is totally untrue, and probably turns alot of people off to the DIR way off thinking. You are the one that should be at the book burnings.....since you obviously don't want me to disagree with your viewpoint.

Be as DIR gungho as you want, just don't force it down our non-DIR throats at knife point, and drop the condescending attitude that many of you get about it. Your prickishness does NOT go unoticed!

I and many others would be MUCH more open to it, and not ridicule you like I do if you would just be NICE and CIVIL about it.

Don't be a jerk, and I won't make fun of you.

:)

Brules

Brules once bubbled...

Sorry, but you obviously didn't read my post Herr Comandant!

I never said that you all were wrong, or that I didn't approve of the opinion that the DIR's hold. I never said that you couldn't espouse it. And I for sure didn't say you should be prevented from telling others about it!

ALL I commented on was the way that the DIR ppl go about it, and the attitude (yourself included) that they cop 99.9999999% of the time, which is:

"If it isn't DIR/BP/Wings....it is crap"

Which is totally untrue, and probably turns alot of people off to the DIR way off thinking. You are the one that should be at the book burnings.....since you obviously don't want me to disagree with your viewpoint.

Be as DIR gungho as you want, just don't force it down our non-DIR throats at knife point, and drop the condescending attitude that many of you get about it. Your prickishness does NOT go unoticed!

I and many others would be MUCH more open to it, and not ridicule you like I do if you would just be NICE and CIVIL about it.

Don't be a jerk, and I won't make fun of you.

Brules
Thanks for a good laugh

Your very welcome!!!!

Spreading joy and cheer is what I like to do best......hmmmm well arguing comes in a close second.....

AHHH! No comments funny guy!!! :D

Brules

Windwalker once bubbled...
It looked cool, it was very configurable, it was Cheap.. It was all those things that the BP/Wing people said it was and more. But it was not what I wanted. I went with a more expensive Knighthawk. It felt good, It had plastic snaps - which I like - It had the real cool Padding that soaks up water and adds another 20 pounds of weight. It had the ditchable weights - (if I can only figure out how to ditch them in an emergency). :)

I dive a Knighthawk and I really like it.

One thing that I have read repeatedly is the price difference between BP/Wing and the Knighthawk. The Knighthawk is definitely less expensive. If you compare apples to apples that is. Take the price of basic BP/Wing ($555.00 for the 36# pioneer @ 5th D), add the Halcyon weight system with fasttec buckles like the Knighthawk ($132.00 at 5th D), add the tank trim weight pouches to get balanced ($46.00 each at 5th D), like the Knighthawk has built in, and see where you are in a price comparison.

I know you can save some $ by piecing together a less expensive plate and other parts, but the bottom line is you will not get all of those features on a BP/Wing system for less, or even the same, as the $540.00 dealers sell Knighthawks for.

I feel it is comforting to know that the SP fasttec weight system is good enough that Halcyon uses it. :D

As to how it compares to BP/wing in the water, I do not know. I do know that I am very happy with mine.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom