Scubapro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I narrow down my search for my first BC to the SP Knighthawk and the AquaLung Malibu RDS. I can get the Malibu around $310 but I like the SP-Knighthawk ($550) more. There is a big difference in the price. I would appreciate if someone can tell me where I can order the Knighthawk on-line.

Many Thanks.

P.S. I am new to Scuba and I will use it in warm water environment.

If you haven't tried one on - you probably should do as cadiver suggested and go purchase one from your local dive store. cadiver should mention he has a vested interest in this as he is associated with a dive store.

Otherwise a search of the usual suspects like LeisurePro should turn up.

One thing you SHOULDN'T do (and I only mention it because others on the board have admitted it in the past), is try one on for size at a dive shop, then buy online - very unethical. It costs the dive shop time and money for one of their employees to assist you, they don't gain a sale, and it adds to the burden of doing business. People complain on here that they get banned from dive shops because they show up with the same brand new BC they tried on in the store two weeks earlier.

Reminds me of a family I saw in a book store yesterday - the father was looking at a book he was going to buy, and his daughter said "don't buy it Dad, we'll go home and order it from Amazon - it's cheaper". Which begs the question why they even went in the book store in the first place.

cheers

Do your online research first to determine what you would consider fair market value. Then take a trip to your SP LDS and see what you can find to try. If you find what you need, then talk price. If he is reasonable, buy. If not, move on. It's a lot like buying a car. The test drive is not a contract or an obligation to buy.

Rent each one for dives and do a final decide on which one you like. Check prices at Leisurepro, Diveinn, or others to see the online prices and approach your lds to see what they can do. The lds is worth a small premium for the value-add they provide, but if they can't come close, then let your fingers do the shopping.

I will be ordering the SP Knighthawk as well.

The manager of the store I will be purchasing mine from
uses one and after i expressed an interest
has allowed me to try his on in the pool.

Yes, I agree its $200.00 more, but, as others have said,
What price can you put on Life Support.

Besides, You will find out that your LDS is a fountain
of information (I speak from personal experience )as
I visit them almost every weekend to ask questions.

I've solved the cash problem by informing my LDS
of what i want and they are very happy to allow me to make
Installment payments till I can pay for it in full.

Yeah, it may take a little longer to get what i want but
I will get fully reimbursed in other ways in the future.

I have the Knighthawk and enjoy it. As far as size goes; I'm 200lbs(bit of a beer gut), 5' 11" tall and I wear a size medium.

Tom

I agree with you all for buying at the LDS. I will buy my reg from there for service. The price is comparable between on-line and at my LDS.

My LDS sell the Knighthawk at $670. I did not mention that this is outside the USA. Considering the price difference between $300 (AquaLung-Malibu) from on-line store in the US vs. $670 for a SP-Knighthawk at my LDS, I may decide on the $300-AquaLung Malibu.

LP does not carry the Knighthawk.

Thanks.

Jew_dr once bubbled...

LP does not carry the Knighthawk.

Thanks.

It doesn't show up on-line, but it is listed in their new paper catalog (call for price). They may be having a supply problem. You might want to e-mail them and see what is going on.

My local dive shop has the Scubapro Knighthawk for $486. You can get this price at:

Lone Star Scuba
2815 Alta Mere
Ft. Worth, TX 75116
(817) 377-3483

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom