Scubapro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased a scubapro knighthawk earlier this year. I was tired of a vest type bc, it made me uncomfortable in the chest area. I have one problem, I don't have any place to put my console. I'm used to sticking it in a pocket, and I'm far to lazy to hold it on my chest. Any suggestion of how to harness it.

and clip it to the lower left D-ring.

Best option (and one that works for virtually any BC configuration)

I agree with the bolt snap approach. Another option is to clip a retractor to the D ring on the left shoulder strap and then attach the console to the retractor. It will still stay in close to your body but can be pulled out to read.

Along the same lines, I have the Classic Plus. My computer "Cobra" comes around the left side and is conected to a Cetacea high downforce retractor which is clipped onto the upper right d-ring. This way, the Cobra is held diagonaly across the chest area, immediately viewable and not ever dragging.

I have my console clipped to a retractor on my upper left side, and I've been very happy with this set-up. The Knightkawk has proved to be a great BC for me.
Dan

I recently purchased my first BC a scubapro nighthawk, it was highly recomended from my local dive shop as a very good vest within a moderate price range ( didnt want to spent more then 550-600.00) whats everyones take on this BC..is it good? Im also noticing alot of people have 2 tank straps, this set up only has one...is that a bad thing? if so what can I do to correct this or shall I not worry about it? thanks again for all your help!

Been using my Knighthawk for about six months. I still use BP/wing for thechnical diving but very happy with the Knighthawk for doing classes and Rec diving. No complaints at all.
Since you already own one, enjoy!!
Dive safe,
Larry

Your Nighthawk has a rigid plastic backplate which is countoured for the tank. You only need one cam strap for this kind of BC. The BCs that require two straps to hold the tank have soft back pads which can distort with the mass of the tank if it is held by one strap only.

My Knighthawk is my primary BC for single tank recreational diving (I use a ScubaPro Classic in the pool and a backplate/wing for my doubles). The Knighthawk is great for reducing clutter on your chest. The back inflation takes some getting used to though as it can push you face forward into the water. You may want to put up to half your lead in the back trim pockets (they will 6 lbs. per pocket) to make yourself more stable on the surface.

Many divers begin with a front inflation BC and end up buying a back inflation model like the Knighthawk when the first BC gets old. You skipped the first step and I expect you'll find you made a great choice.

EliteDetail once bubbled...
I recently purchased my first BC a scubapro nighthawk, it was highly recomended from my local dive shop as a very good vest within a moderate price range ( didnt want to spent more then 550-600.00) whats everyones take on this BC..is it good? Im also noticing alot of people have 2 tank straps, this set up only has one...is that a bad thing? if so what can I do to correct this or shall I not worry about it? thanks again for all your help!

I've been using the Knighthawk for about 8 months now and I've been pretty happy with it. I probably have about 200 dives on it and see no obvious flaws except the lack of pockets and that is true for most back inflations.

I've had the chance to dive and compare it to a borrowed BP/Wings setup (Halcyon Pioneer 27lb wing w/ SS BP) and a softpack back inflation that I own (Deep Outdoors Unity.) I could not tell much of a difference in the water between the Bp/Wing and the Knighthawk so I see no reason to change or complain. I like the Knighthawk A LOT more than the Deep Outdoors. The DO is nice but soft packs are not for me.

Two tank straps are not necessary for Scubapro BCs. If you have the cinchlock adjusted correctly that tank is not going to anywhere. BCs that use the POS plastic cam buckles on the other hand should probably have two. The plastic buckles also tend to wear the nylon faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom