Scubapro Jet fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for a strange reason I wont go into here, I weighed every piece of gear I have. Dry, submerged in fresh water, and sumberged in salt water with a specific gravity of 1.026. Ok Ill admit it, Im a nerd...I dont have SP jets, but I do have Turtles ... close in weight Im sure
Turtles with spring straps 3lb 8 oz dry, 11 oz in fresh 9 oz salt
Slip Stream with spring straps 2lb 13 oz dry, in fresh water, the foot pocket sank leaving the "point" on the top. About 1/16-1/8 of an inch stuck out of the water (sorry I didnt pull out my mic to measure...) and becuase it was ever so slightly positively bouyant in fresh I didn't bother try in salt...
so a pair of OMS Slipstreams will shave just over a pound off of your feet.

SCUBAPRO Introduces Twin Jet Max Fin The Next Generation in Power

Related Articles
Dive Certification Rebate From SCUBAPRO
SCUBAPRO has pushed the envelope of split-fin technology with the introduction of the new SCUBAPRO Twin Jet Max Fin. By leveraging the experience gained from the immensely popular Twin Jet Fins, SCUBAPRO has developed a totally new fin that enhances both comfort and performance.

One major advancement in the new Twin Jet Max is the use of dual-compound construction. This enables SCUBAPRO to eliminate compromises and fine tune this fin by employing two different yet compatible compounds and extracting maximum benefit from both.

1. New and slightly stiffer blade compound delivers more snap for added thrust when called for — especially beneficial for quick bursts of power.
2. Newly-designed footpocket features a bio-engineered shape to ensure optimum fit, and is fashioned from a softer compound for prolonged diving comfort.
3. Patented split-fin propeller technology has long been proven to deliver more power with less effort.
4. SCUBAPRO's exclusive drag-reducing vents substantially decrease resistance on up and down strokes. Vents are unique to SCUBAPRO.
5. Extended soleplate acts like a lever to enhance power stroke, and seamlessly transfers power from the diver to the fin.
6. Quick-connect swivel buckles with quick-adjust straps facilitate adjustment and use.
7. Limited Lifetime Warranty.
8. Fins are serialized for ease of warranty registration.
9. Available in adjustable model in four trim colors: red, blue, yellow and graphite.

By teaming advanced new compounds with proven technology, SCUBAPRO has truly achieved the next generation of power. To learn more about the new Twin Jet Max Fin and find the location of your nearest authorized SCUBAPRO dive center, visit

With all the positive responses here...I couldn't resist

Ordered a pair tonight along with the spring straps...should be here next week in time for a quick posting/review.

Hi all,

A few months ago I tried a pair of XL SP Jets and they were really big for my foot.
I felt the fins were flopping around and didn't hold my foot very well. I therefore decided to order a pair of L(arge) fins, and these will only go on my foot with great difficulty and will afterwards be very very hard to get off. They also hurt a bit when using.

Is there such a jump in sizes between L and XL in these? I wear size 9 Scubapro booties with these.

Any of the Scubapro alternatives have more logical jumps? It also seems that they assume the strength of the divers length grows exponentially with their shoe size. Other than that I am quite fond of diving with them. As I got a bit into tech diving, they seem to be much more appropriate than my regular Apollos.

I know there's a huge jump between XLs and XXLs, and a lot of people in between use Turtles, but I don't know about something in between the Ls and XLs.

What I do to make my Ls fit is wear Chuck Taylor hightop tennis shoes under them. You could try that. With a pair of polypro socks, they're quite comfortable, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they've held up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom