Scubapro Jet fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pullmyfinger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a pair of Jet fins(based on the good things said here, about them), as well as a mask and snorkle. Getting ready for my upcoming dive certification class. I bought these and have spent a few hours, over a couple of days just finning and doing laps in the local YMCA pool.
I really like these fins, I can't wait to try them for my upcoming classes and dives.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the people that posted on the subject, it was really helpful.

Take care,
Mitch

I'll have to check them out and see where they were made. I'll look today.

My next step will be to get some spring straps for them, I'll just have to look into which ones to get, the Scubapro ones are $80!, I'll try and find something a bit cheaper.

As for frog kicks, I found a video clip that gave some demonstrations of various kicks, I tried to duplicate the frog kick shown there, but I need a lot of work to get the technique down.

Mitch

Diver Mitch:
I'll have to check them out and see where they were made. I'll look today.

My next step will be to get some spring straps for them, I'll just have to look into which ones to get, the Scubapro ones are $80!, I'll try and find something a bit cheaper.

As for frog kicks, I found a video clip that gave some demonstrations of various kicks, I tried to duplicate the frog kick shown there, but I need a lot of work to get the technique down.

Mitch

Manta makes some very similar to the ones in the link above. They will run you between $29.00 and $55.00 for "standard sizes, depending on the dealer and/or what you can negotiate. The LDS where I just purchased some brand new jets, threw in the manta springs for $0.00, zip, nadda. It was nice because they helped me measure and even installed them for me.

I have Halcyon springs on another set of Jets I use with different booties. Those springs were about $80.00, no installation.

I am not sure if this is the right question for this thread, pls excuse me if this is not the perfect place for it.
I looked at OMS Slipstream the other day, it's identical to Jets, would it deliver the same power, if not, would it be easier for the kicks?

BTW, I am sure Jets is v. v. good, not intended to argue about it.

Thanks for the links and suggestions on the spring straps. I'm definately going to get some.

Mitch

I bought my Jets, second handed, but brand new. Only two dives on them and I love them! Now to just get the spring straps.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom