ScubaPro Jet fins..anyone snorkel with them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious:
I ordered a pair of XL Jets...turns out my giant clown feet need the XXL version. They're great for a little while, but eventually the foot pocket just puts too much pressure on the top of my foot after 30-40 min...

SOO.. if anyone needs a used pair of XL jets...

D.

I have the same question as Stang! What size are your feet and how much for the fins? My shoes are 10 1/2..... I may interested, if you're serious about selling....

I'm a 12 / 13 ... those XL's are for 10-12 (it says..)..thought I could get away with it (since you just NEVER see XXL's on ebay)... but my foot is too "high?" and it rubs the top of my instep a little too much after prolonged use..

OH.. and they have spring straps on them...

I paid $75 for them on ebay... only used them twice. I think it cost like $15 to ship them somewhere via ground... SOOO.. make me a halfway decent offer?

D.

I'm a 12/13 too, and my XL jets rubbed a hole in the top of my right foot on my last dive weekend. (I was doing a custom "Owie! Owie! Footsie OWIE!" scissor-kick variant by the last dive, which, might I add, the jets handled wonderfully.) I haven't decided what exactly I'm going to do to "fix" the problem (better booties, slight pocket modifications, duct tape,...?), but I'm going to have to come up with something.

ClayJar:
I'm a 12/13 too, and my XL jets rubbed a hole in the top of my right foot on my last dive weekend. (I was doing a custom "Owie! Owie! Footsie OWIE!" scissor-kick variant by the last dive, which, might I add, the jets handled wonderfully.) I haven't decided what exactly I'm going to do to "fix" the problem (better booties, slight pocket modifications, duct tape,...?), but I'm going to have to come up with something.

That's EXACTLY the problem I'm afraid I'm going to run into...the jets rubbing the top of my "foot bone" raw...

I thought about cutting the top of the foot pocket..trying some sort of padding... but hell, I figure it'll be less pain to just go a size larger and take the hit ($$$). I'm not sure there's an elegant solution to this issue...

But you're right, they do work wonders in the water... ;-)

D.

It's a conspiracy against the "clown-footed" I tell ya...

Daylonious:
I'm a 12 / 13 ... those XL's are for 10-12 (it says..)..thought I could get away with it (since you just NEVER see XXL's on ebay)... but my foot is too "high?" and it rubs the top of my instep a little too much after prolonged use..

OH.. and they have spring straps on them...

I paid $75 for them on ebay... only used them twice. I think it cost like $15 to ship them somewhere via ground... SOOO.. make me a halfway decent offer?

D.

PM sent! I made, what I hope, is a halfway decent offer:D Thanks!!

charris400:
I've been freediving in Jets for the last 28 years. I'm on my 3rd pair. I have never had them slip off as others have mentioned, either. I don't feel the need for any other fin.

Man that lobster pic is awesome! Huge Bug!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom