ScubaPro Jet fins..anyone snorkel with them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used my jets snorkeling, and I discovered that I truly *despise* the straps that came with them (and kept popping off). My new spring straps will take care of that, and in the meantime, long live the zip ties!

ClayJar:
I've used my jets snorkeling, and I discovered that I truly *despise* the straps that came with them (and kept popping off). My new spring straps will take care of that, and in the meantime, long live the zip ties!

Keep popping off your foot or off the fin itself? Where are you getting your springs from?

noxdiver:
Ive used the atomic split fins and they are great for diving, really fast fin.Thats the thing ,really fast fin.If your comfortable snorlking at a fast pace they would probably work out great.

So how does them being fast qualify them as a great diving fin?

stangscuba98a:
Keep popping off your foot or off the fin itself? Where are you getting your springs from?
The straps can have a tendency to work their way loose from the "buckles", which is what kept happening to mine, especially when I was using a more flutter-style kick (which I was using a lot last weekend due to a small but painful foot injury the week before).

As for where I'm getting the springs... I'm looking at several styles online, but so far, I'm tending toward the style sold in the dive shop where I'm going to need fills on my next trip (I know the ones they stock).

I've never seen straps on Jets do that. Break at the buckle when they get old, yes, but never come loose.

I make spring straps. I like the comfort with them, ease of donning & the fact that they'll never break on me. The fin will fall apart before spring straps will.

ClayJar:
The straps can have a tendency to work their way loose from the "buckles", which is what kept happening to mine, especially when I was using a more flutter-style kick (which I was using a lot last weekend due to a small but painful foot injury the week before).

As for where I'm getting the springs... I'm looking at several styles online, but so far, I'm tending toward the style sold in the dive shop where I'm going to need fills on my next trip (I know the ones they stock).

Thanks.

I ordered a pair of XL Jets...turns out my giant clown feet need the XXL version. They're great for a little while, but eventually the foot pocket just puts too much pressure on the top of my foot after 30-40 min...

SOO.. if anyone needs a used pair of XL jets...

D.

Daylonious:
I ordered a pair of XL Jets...turns out my giant clown feet need the XXL version. They're great for a little while, but eventually the foot pocket just puts too much pressure on the top of my foot after 30-40 min...

SOO.. if anyone needs a used pair of XL jets...

D.

What size clown feet you got?:D How much for the fins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom