Scubapro Hydros Pro Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder, why the dealers can not utilize the modular design to adjust fit with a swap out of bits from rigs of sizes above and below as needed, as with the AL Outlaw. That would truly provide a more refined fit and finish.

Many thanks!

Do you have the chance to try it on in person? I'd try to do that and try it with different thickness suits if at all possible. Don't believe the sizing charts.

You are most welcome!

Newb here!
I think I'm 'sold' on the Hydros Pro for all the reasons. This would be my first BC and plan to keep er' for a looong time. I'm 5'10" / ~185 so I fall between Med and Large per their sizing. Anyone with similar stats who can point me in the right direction? I'm leaning toward the Med for streamlining, but wouldn't want to back myself into a corner if diving with 7mm. Any advice is appreciated!
The plastic buckles will not last "a looong time"...

Newb here!
I think I'm 'sold' on the Hydros Pro for all the reasons. This would be my first BC and plan to keep er' for a looong time. I'm 5'10" / ~185 so I fall between Med and Large per their sizing. Anyone with similar stats who can point me in the right direction? I'm leaning toward the Med for streamlining, but wouldn't want to back myself into a corner if diving with 7mm. Any advice is appreciated!

5' 9" 185lbs, completely comfortable in a medium diving with rash guard, diving with brand new 3mm suit, diving with new 3mm suit + 1.5mm vest. Never felt the need to size up. Also, those dives are with the full rig, not the minimal webbing option.

Thanks all! My LDS doesn't carry Scubapro, so I ventured down the road a piece and was able to try on both Med and Large. Based on their expertise, I went with the Large - freakin amped!
Using my PADI divebook as a guide, I built my "Path to Master" using a rite in the rain tactical notebook and water-proof pages. Definitely overkill, but she's all tabbed out with checklists on what needs accomplished at each skill level. Combination of military background and a touch of OCD, I suppose! I'm diggin the boards in here and the wealth of knowledge is great!

Thanks all! My LDS doesn't carry Scubapro, so I ventured down the road a piece and was able to try on both Med and Large. Based on their expertise, I went with the Large - freakin amped!
Using my PADI divebook as a guide, I built my "Path to Master" using a rite in the rain tactical notebook and water-proof pages. Definitely overkill, but she's all tabbed out with checklists on what needs accomplished at each skill level. Combination of military background and a touch of OCD, I suppose! I'm diggin the boards in here and the wealth of knowledge is great!

I have CDO, kind of like OCD but in alphabetical order like it should be!!

Using my PADI divebook as a guide, I built my "Path to Master" using a rite in the rain tactical notebook and water-proof pages. Definitely overkill, but she's all tabbed out with checklists on what needs accomplished at each skill level. Combination of military background and a touch of OCD, I suppose!

Not OCD, just thorough. I'm stealing that and will make my own "books" for students that they will use during class and keep. Thanks for posting that practice.

Not OCD, just thorough. I'm stealing that and will make my own "books" for students that they will use during class and keep. Thanks for posting that practice.

Ive got the PDFs sized and ready for printing if you're interested! I'll post some pics for reference also...but perhaps in a correct thread? Is there a way to send personal messages? - lemme know.

Back
Top Bottom