Scubapro Hydros Pro Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive got the PDFs sized and ready for printing if you're interested! I'll post some pics for reference also...but perhaps in a correct thread? Is there a way to send personal messages? - lemme know.
DM sent. The offer is greatly appreciated. My guess is that other instructors will contact you as well.

So I had the chance to dive with my small Hydros last week. With a 7mm wetsuit the small fit fine, if not a tad on the snug side, but in no way uncomfortable. I'll probably give it a few more dives before coming to a more final conclusion, but for now I think the small was a good choice (and it's completely possible that the medium would have been fine too).
Thanks again for all of the helpful input!

I am 186 cm
about 85 kilograms

I have a medium and its still large on me

a lot of shoulder/waist strap slack

I'm not athletic with the majority of my excess BMI at my chest area

I could probably/easily wear a small

Hi,

I also have a question about the Hydros sizing. Therefore, I revive the this thread.
Is there anyone with experience regarding the femlae XS/S size?

I could get a less used Hydro pro female S. But I am unsure if it will fit for me (male, 176cm tall, 64kg/very thin). The sizing table difference between male and female S seems negligible. Is there anyone here who owns or tried the Hydro in femakle XS/S?

Best regards

Pellaeon

Hi,

I also have a question about the Hydros sizing. Therefore, I revive the this thread.
Is there anyone with experience regarding the femlae XS/S size?

I could get a less used Hydro pro female S. But I am unsure if it will fit for me (male, 176cm tall, 64kg/very thin). The sizing table difference between male and female S seems negligible. Is there anyone here who owns or tried the Hydro in femakle XS/S?

Best regards

Pellaeon
I believe the difference is the shoulder straps and how they are contoured to accommodate a female's chest vs a male's chest.

I ordered a Medium and thought it might be too smal before actually diving with itl, so I sent it back and exchanged it for a Large. The Large was a nice fit but I had to cinch all the straps down and it would constantly ride up. So I sold it to a buddy and ordered another Medium and it fits perfectly in the water.
I am 5'6 and 165lbs.

Old post I know, but what was your final conclusion?
I tried a small and it fits great and I am no pencil neck skinny guy, fits great in a 5mm one piece wetsuit.
I still enjoy diving this rig [without the weight pockets].
So I had the chance to dive with my small Hydros last week. With a 7mm wetsuit the small fit fine, if not a tad on the snug side, but in no way uncomfortable. I'll probably give it a few more dives before coming to a more final conclusion, but for now I think the small was a good choice (and it's completely possible that the medium would have been fine too).
Thanks again for all of the helpful input!
Thanks in advance.

Since the thread is reborn - I want to share my uneducated take on it.

I got a Hydros Pro last year. Ordered online due to no local availability. According to the sizing chart - I was a Medium (5 ft 8, 185 / 190 lbs, 42 R jacket size; 34 waist). But when I got it; it felt great in the shoulders but seemed to ride up at the waist. So I returned it for a large. I have about 30 dives (warmwater diver) on the Large absolutely love this BCD. It was the right choice for me.

Here's my uneducated opinion - I don't think enough emphasis is given on trunk length for BCDs. I'm 5.8 but short legs & all torso. Another friend who is similar dimensions but all legs; the Med fit just fine. So when in between sizes; I think you need to consider your torso length to determine going up or down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom