BCD size guide - Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone else have any advice ?
Hiya mate
I am in the same position as you. I bought a medium, but that was too big really, but I have now sorted that with a crotch strap which keeps it snug.
Consider that the pockets are bigger on the medium size, so you can get more of you U/W gear stashed away better. Also you will have more potential "buoyancy" with the medium. (if you satrt doing sidemount or have any heavy stuff). You might "expand" a bit more also :)
I looked at a "small" BC recently, but decided to stick with my medium.

Hope it works out well for you.

Hiya mate
I am in the same position as you. I bought a medium, but that was too big really, but I have now sorted that with a crotch strap which keeps it snug.
Consider that the pockets are bigger on the medium size, so you can get more of you U/W gear stashed away better. Also you will have more potential "buoyancy" with the medium. (if you satrt doing sidemount or have any heavy stuff). You might "expand" a bit more also :)

Hello , how big are you ? i have got in touch with the dive shop and will go try them both on again.

Hiya mate

He’s asking about a Hydros pro, no pockets.

I know my comment will be a bit vague.
I got a rental when I was diving in Egypt 3 month ago.
It was some simple Scubapro rental BCD, I cannot remember its name.
I tried the large one and it was shaky and loose so I took the medium which fitted nicely using a Waterproof 7mm wetsuit.
I am about 181cm with about 80kg and athletic build.
So maybe with your height and weight small does not sound too wrong!

One question. Why this model? It's a bit skinny, no pockets. A bit of a speciality BC rather than a "first-time " std job.

I am 1.8m and 100kg. I did my OW in a hydros pro size large. My BCD is a scubapro seahawk 2 medium. When you have your BCD on, you will want to pull the straps tight to keep your BCD from sliding around.

If the shop suggested a small, I would go with their suggestion as they know how to fit BCDs and have fitted lots of folks. In the very unlikely chance small does not work for you, they should be able to put you in a medium with little to no cost to you. Until you have more experience than the folks at your LDS, trust them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom