ScubaPro HUD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darkspartan098

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking into getting the ScubaPro HUD setup as my next dive computer. I am also looking at getting into tech diving. Is there a way to load a deco dive profile into this computer, or a computer that will link to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Travis

Everyone I know who has started out tech with a SP computer has soon replaced it with a Shearwater for their primary and only used the SP as a backup.

Not the HUD. It is a fully functioning technical diving computer with GF and all the bells and whistles. The only negative point is that it doesn't support SM so far. Waiting for the firmware update for that but it has everything else including GPS.

Not the HUD. It is a fully functioning technical diving computer with GF and all the bells and whistles. The only - is that it doesn't support SM so far. Waiting for the firmware update for that but it has everything else including GPS.

Not the HUD. It is a fully functioning technical diving computer with GF and all the bells and whistles. The only - is that it doesn't support SM so far. Waiting for the firmware update for that but it has everything else including GPS.
So it will let me load a dive profile for deco stops? What is SM?

Oh boy, if you have to ask what Sidemount is. You really don’t need to be in the water with a HUD style dive computer. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Oh boy, if you have to ask what Sidemount is. You really don’t need to be in the water with a HUD style dive computer. You don’t know what you don’t know.
How is knowledge of a specialized tool related to the suitability of an open circuit, relatively tecrecreational, computer?

To be fair, he asked what "SM" meant not what "Sidemount" was.

I think the OP was looking ahead as to getting gear that would be useful as he/she advances as a diver. No need to embarrass him/her.
Dogdiver should read the special rules for the Basic Scuba section.

One of the ways people get turned off SB is by this sort of response to what was a very reasonable question.

So it will let me load a dive profile for deco stops?
You don't appear to understand how dive computers work. You don't "load a dive profile for deco stops", you enter parameters such as the gases available and gradient factors desired(or some other factor to adjust the amount of conservatism in the calculations) and the dive computer calculates in real time the deco required, depending on your depth and the time spent there. Before the advent of modern technical dive computers it was necessary to pre-plan your dive with computer software or tables and then write the resulting profile on a slate or wet notes which you took with you. Some amount of pre-planning is still required, even with modern dive computers, mainly to ensure that you have enough gas to do the dive and required deco, with adequate reserves left over for emergencies. At this point, I'd think you'd be better served with a Shearwater Peregrine or a Deep 6 Excursion.

Back
Top Bottom