Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 2 dry suit dives were several weeks ago. The issue still persists.
I dived today with wetsuit and had the same problem. I'm going to change the battery today and check it when I dive tomorrow. I'll post my results.
The Scubapro technician here in Sydney has escalated the issue (to the US I presume). I'll report back when he gets back to me.

The 2 dry suit dives were several weeks ago. The issue still persists.
I dived today with wetsuit and had the same problem. I'm going to change the battery today and check it when I dive tomorrow. I'll post my results.
The Scubapro technician here in Sydney has escalated the issue (to the US I presume). I'll report back when he gets back to me.
thanks for the update

I replaced the battery and did 2 dives today with NO luck. i.e. still the same problem.
5mm wetsuit with sharkskin vest.

I replaced the battery and did 2 dives today with NO luck. i.e. still the same problem.
5mm wetsuit with sharkskin vest.
I suspect we all get a new belt at some point

Trying it out of water it has about an arms length range. Put that in water medium and I can see why it doesn't work.

My garmin watch heart band work across my living room.

Hi all,

Latest email from Scubapro
I still have the problem and have requested further action from Scubapro.
I have the 1.2 software installed.

I did 375 dives with my Galileo Sol and heart rate monitor and every dive was ok. I've done 32 with the G2 and only 2 have worked successfully. "Human Factor Diving"?

"Subject: RE: G2 and Heart Rate Monitor issue

Hi Herb,

This is definitely a contact issue. The belt needs to be quite tight, especially when it gets wet. It has moved while diving. As soon he gets to the upright position at the end of the dive, heart rate does work again.

The “flat line” in the log is a filter in LogTRAK, which holds the last valid number. I agree in this sample, it looks quite odd. If the heart rate is invalid, G2 will not consider it for the workload calculation.

Best regards
Patrick"

I did three dry suit dives with the replacement HRM and it worked. I'll try next month in a wetsuit and see what happens.

Last edited:
It's part of the workload feature in the scubapro G2 algorithm. I just wanted it to work since it's supposed to although it's use is optional I like knowing my heart rate just as a have the data when I run..etc. it will tell me calories burned during a dive.

Related question: in the former version (Galileo) I was able to program an audible warning when my heart rate/workload was exceeded. In the new G2... I can find where to program my desired base and max HR, but I can't find where or if I can create an audible alert for when the max is being exceeded. Am I missing something??
I can see that I've clearly blown past the workload max in the post-dive warning summation areas, but I'm unable to figure out where to program an audible warning underwater. This is actually very crucial for me b/c if my HR stays high for extended periods of time I develop massive headaches. The Galileos have been the ONLY system that have allowed me to control this while diving. (And yes - I'm sure it's giving me a visual warning, but quite honestly - it's far more helpful if it 'yells' at me).
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much...

Just got back from Cozumel diving with the G2 and Aladin Tec 3g as backup. After a couple of days my HR monitor stopped reading so I just shut it off for the remainder of the dive trip. I just changed the battery in the transmitter and so far it works above the water and I need to test it in an actual dive. It’s odd that it would fail so early after buying and I never had a problem with my Galileo Sol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom