Scubapro Go Travel vs Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unaware6905

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I understand that the difference between the Scubapro GO Travel and Sport fins is only the bigger foot pocket in the latter, allowing you to use a boot in it. I like wearing a boot, especially for shore diving. I am able to wear my TUSA 3mm boots very comfortably with my Travel fins, although I had to get XXL fins so the boots would fit. I suppose I could get a smaller fin size with Sport fins. Anyone see any reason for me to switch to Sport fins? How about to Sport Gorilla fins?

If they work for you and you are happy with them with their fit and power why switch? I have the Go Sport and the Gorilla and love both. There is noticeable but not huge difference between the regular Go Sport and Gorilla. If I had to buy only one, I'd probably just get the Gorilla version (at the same time I had the regular Go Sport for two years and no complaints about them).

If they work for you and you are happy with them with their fit and power why switch? I have the Go Sport and the Gorilla and love both. There is noticeable but not huge difference between the regular Go Sport and Gorilla. If I had to buy only one, I'd probably just get the Gorilla version (at the same time I had the regular Go Sport for two years and no complaints about them).
That's great to know. So, it doesn't seem the regular Sports don't make sense.

However, I still wonder about the Gorillas. You see, even though I've been diving for 46 years, lately I had been having issues with using air too quickly. I've rectified most of it by paying attention to my breathing. My SAC now is about 0.55 cu ft/min, but I'd like to optimize it. Maybe the more efficient find would help. Also, I'm not a huge man but not small either (5'11", 185lb) and dive with substantial camera gear.

What do you think?

I understand that the difference between the Scubapro GO Travel and Sport fins is only the bigger foot pocket in the latter, allowing you to use a boot in it. I like wearing a boot, especially for shore diving. I am able to wear my TUSA 3mm boots very comfortably with my Travel fins, although I had to get XXL fins so the boots would fit. I suppose I could get a smaller fin size with Sport fins. Anyone see any reason for me to switch to Sport fins? How about to Sport Gorilla fins?

Your supposition that the only difference between the Go-Travel and the Go-Sport is the foot pocket is incorrect. They are really much different fins. The Gorilla version is a little stiffer than the standard Go-Sport. If you wear boots and need to walk on rocks to get into the water then get the Go-Sport. The Go-Sport is a general purpose scuba fin, the Go-Travel is a niche fin. If you need to buck current or push cameras, the Go-Gorrila is just more of the same goodness that the Go-Sport is without any size or weight penalty.

So, please help me. What are the other differences between the Travel and Sport?

So, please help me. What are the other differences between the Travel and Sport?

The Go Travel has a different foot pocket (barefoot) from the Go-Sport (booties).

The Go-Travel blade is not as stiff as the Go-Sport (per my opinion based on a pool swimming test).

The Go-Travel blade lacks the removable skegs of the Go-Sport.

The Go-Sport Gorilla is almost indistinguishable from the Go-Sport. The blade is slightly stiffer, especially in the toe area, and it has a heavier bungee strap. There is a noticeable difference but it is not huge.

Moreover… Rumor has it that the experience with the Skegs is like piloting an F-14 Tomcat … therefore you should just get the GoSport or Gorilla…

IMG_8106.jpeg

Moreover… Rumor has it that the experience with the Skegs is like piloting an F-14 Tomcat … therefore you should just get the GoSport or Gorilla…

View attachment 861017
Possibly but you can mix and change colors or match your school colors. LSU:

Back
Top Bottom