Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonaireboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m a little worried about the plastic fin strap retaining pin design. I figure there is a chance it can break, I will break it removing it, or in the event I lose it on the boat changing a strap out I’d be hosed. I’m considering my options since SP told me they don’t sell the pins separately, and if I buy a replacement strap for the save a dive kit it won’t come with pins either.

Option 1: make a stainless d-ring and replace the bungee with any type of bungee cord for about $2.

Option 2: I’m wondering if simply running some cave line through the pin hole would suffice for a few dives in a pinch.

option 3: find a screw and nut that would fit, and keep that in the kit.

If you’ve ever had an issue like this, or have modified your fins let’s see it.

Option 1a, 2a & 3a, carry an attachment screw/ cave line! d ring and a few feet of bungee in the unlikely event of an attachment failure.

Option 1a, 2a & 3a, carry an attachment screw/ cave line! d ring and a few feet of bungee in the unlikely event of an attachment failure.
Do you pack that on you during the dive or just your save a dive kit?

Do you pack that on you during the dive or just your save a dive kit?
If I were concerned about failure I may put some small bungee in a pocket for an underwater repair but I have bungee on my flashlight that could be used if needed in an emergency.

If I were concerned about failure I may put some small bungee in a pocket for an underwater repair but I have bungee on my flashlight that could be used if needed in an emergency.
Yeah, I need to get a small zippered pouch.

The replacement bungee straps I just bought had the pins.

The replacement bungee straps I just bought had the pins.
That’s weird the SP guy told me it didn’t. Good to know cause I figure their a wear item too. I would have paid $10 for metal pins or screws to begin with.

You can use stainless cap screws. Metric. M4-.70x40mm work perfectly with nylon lock nuts. Can’t get photos for a few days. All our gear is packed up for the drive to Key Largo.
PERFECT!!! Thanks for the help.

Are the SP Go and Go Sport the same bungee straps?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom