Scubapro G250V - overhaul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aoumi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to be overhauling my G250V and have been looking for the service manual. I searched and found information on frogkick and a few other places for the service/maintenance procedures, but I could only find information for the G250HP (which is quite different), and the G250. Nothing much is around for the G250V.

I imagine that the G250 and G250V will be very similar (except the VIVA vane etc), but that there will be some differences in procedure. Does anyone know where I can find the service manual?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am going to be overhauling my G250V as it's time to do some maintenance. I searched and found information on frogkick and a few other places for the service/maintenance procedures, but I could only find information for the G250HP (which is quite different), and the G250. Nothing much is around for the G250V.

I imagine that the G250 and G250V will be very similar, but that there will be some differences in procedure as the service kits are different. Can anyone point me in the right place? Or let me know if the maintenance procedure for a g250 and g250V are the same.

Thanks.

Servicing the G250 and G250V is almost the same. A minor difference is in the venturi flow vane configuration. The classic G250 has a small retainer clip that holds the vane in, while the V snaps into place.

Other than that, the other differences are minor and pretty much self evident.

Make your way to www.vintagedoublehose.com find the link to "manuals and catalogs" -->Scubapro etc. and you will find all sorts of diagrams, service manuals to peruse including a diagram for the G250V. A very helpful document found there is "Scubapro poppet changes."

Service parts are also available at Vintage Double Hose.

Now, as with all of my advice-forget it and watch these two videos:

Last edited:
The G250V has the S-wing poppet.
Just use the 250 manual. All same.
The cutout in the vane should face the diaphragm for max VIVA performance, and face the mouthpiece for "rental" configuration.

The G250 vanes have tiny detents that fit into grooves in the case to limit motion to 1/4 turn.
The G250 and G250HP vanes are similar in this respect.
The G250V, which has a slightly different case, has detents that are 90° offset from the other two regs.
In this pic, G250V on top, HP next, G250 on bottom. Thanks for the reminder, @couv !

Thanks for the info, i'll definitely take a look at vdh, and the youtube videos.

To remove the venturi vane from the G250V, is it simply a matter of pulling on it to remove it from the case? As you say, to install it, it just snaps into place.

Thanks for the info, i'll definitely take a look at vdh, and the youtube videos.

To remove the venturi vane from the G250V, is it simply a matter of pulling on it to remove it from the case? As you say, to install it, it just snaps into place.

Well, no.
Unfortunately, that vane is really in tight. If you Google "scubapro vane removal tool" and then ask for images, you'll see a Scubatools pic with the slotted hockey stick in the mouthpiece, straddling the vane. By prying, with FIRM support under the fulcrum side of the mouthpiece (so you don't crack it), the vane pops out.
But you don't need the tool. If you don't have one, stop at Home Depot for a pair of curved needle nose pliers.
Slip them in the mouthpiece with the same orientation as the tool, grasp the vane lightly, and pry as above. Since the pliers don't have quite as much hockey stick length, you may need to put a little support under the pliers. A thin block of wood will do it.

Thanks for all the info, appreciated. It seems a bit of shopping for a venturi persuasion tool is in order.

Any recommendations for an online shop in Europe (I understand no problem sourcing maintenance kits from the EU) to get the maintenance kit from? (trying to get one that's not old, old stock). If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Any recommendations for an online shop in Europe (I understand no problem sourcing maintenance kits from the EU) to get the maintenance kit from? (trying to get one that's not old, old stock). If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

SCUBA TOOLS | Specialized scuba service and maintenance tools are in Europe. I have used them and would recommend them.

However their range of scuba tools is not as comprehensive as
Scuba Clinic Tools

And Scuba Clinic Tools' postage rates compare favourably to within EU postage rates.

Back
Top Bottom