Scubapro G2 or Perdix AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on what science and algorithm? This is the problem. You don't know. The model is proprietary and may screw up the carefully planned schedule of the team and its gas requirements. "Perceived" is dangerous. Just a gimmick to get uninformed divers to part with their money.
Exactly. That’s why I wouldn’t recommend it.

If we have been diving for 30 or 40 minutes I will swim up close to my wife and check her air. If she has a few hundred psi more than I do she may offer to share to extend our dive. Doing this means that we have a routine for sharing air that feels natural should we ever need to do it while task loaded with other things. We enjoy the convenience. If I wish to convey our air to a DM I can show my screen to convey both of our remaining air. It may seem odd but it actually is often the most convenient way in a given circumstance. It isn't the reason to buy a Perdix but it is a handy function. I often find that the usefulness of any tool is only fully realized once the tool is in my toolbox and available to me.

Based on what science and algorithm? This is the problem. You don't know. The model is proprietary and may screw up the carefully planned schedule of the team and its gas requirements. "Perceived" is dangerous. Just a gimmick to get uninformed divers to part with their money.

Although I don't do any diving more than simple rec diving, I do not want a computer "perceiving" a requirement for additional decompression and forcing me to do it.

If I know I am exerting myself, I can manually make my dive/deco more conservative while bearing in mind my/team gas status. I want to control the computer not the other way about.

The old adage of "plan the dive and dive the plan" goes out the window with a computer that changes that plan on "perceived" anything.

Perdix - Besides a stellar product that is class-leading, best in class, best of the best, etc., they respond (promptly) to emails, post's here on Scubaboard (in the Shearwater forum), and they answer the phone. Customer service (and I've never had to send mine in) is second to none. Great business model; SIMPLE. They do one thing and do it well. Much like In n Out Burger here in California, simple & and a great product.
I agree with you 100%- and unlike In n Out Burgers we can get Shearwater products here on East Coast. Every time I go out west I have to hit In n Out right aways- the best....

Hi,

I got the information last week from Boot, Düsseldorf, Germany that Scubapro will release a new computer with adaptable gradient factors later this year. It will be in parallel to the G2. I don't have more information on that (Scubapro staff were not allowed to tell more).

RolMar

You should have been more persuasive ... did you tried some light coercition ?

No, it was a clear statement that they will not tell more details. The development of the Scubapro computer line is still in Zürich (former UWATEC).

Another happy Perdix diver. I have no experience with G2 but you can't go wrong with the Perdix.

Hi,

I got the information last week from Boot, Düsseldorf, Germany that Scubapro will release a new computer with adaptable gradient factors later this year. It will be in parallel to the G2. I don't have more information on that (Scubapro staff were not allowed to tell more).

RolMar

A ScubaPro rep told me 2 weeks ago that SP is still planning to release their version of the SeaBear H3. Sounds like that's what they were telling you about.

I love my H3, but even if SP releases their own version of it, I'm not sure I would change to it. I think Shearwater pulled off a brilliant move when they adopted the same AI transmitter that is used by Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris, Aqualung, etc.. I currently have 2 of those transmitters and 2 computers that will read them. If my H3 dies, I would be looking for another trimix computer that will also read those same transmitters. Currently, the only choice available is the Perdix AI. I'm assuming that SP's new computer will either have no AI or will work with the existing SP transmitters (and I feel pretty comfortable with that assumption).

Back
Top Bottom