scubapro everdry 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
has anyone tried the scubapro everdry 4? how deep, what water temp, how long of a dive, what under garments?
price looks very good.

I was hoping to see one but our local SP dealer didn't bother stocking one. I guess he's more interested in selling DUI drysuits. They did look up MSP for me, which wasn't that appealing. How much can you get one for?

I looked at one. Perhaps a good cold water rec suit. Don't think I'll be going with a neoprene dry suit. Concerned about fitting undergarments, replacing seals overtime, overall wear over time, **** pockets, as well as the overall suit. Don't know how it will last going inside wrecks, et al.

For the money it looks like a good suit. Personally, if I'm going to spend $900 might as well spend $2500 for a DUI trilam or Fusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at one and was very tempted to buy. I ended up with the SP Fjord HD drysuit and really love it. The fjord is a more rugged yet light and soft. The are being phased out from what I understand and should go on a sale soon. I got mine for under $1000.

You have to decide what works for you, they both (neoprene & trilam)have pros and cons. Undergarment are also very important and will determine how much weight you require. I use a thight fitting thermal skin the rugby players use with a thin sweaters and track suit pants that worked great. The water temp was 56f. Forget about self donning even thou mine is, you still need someone to help you. Also make sure the suit fits good. I initially thought mine was to small but I am very happy.

I would also suggest that you really have your buoyancy sorted out before you go down the road. If you have your buoyancy sorted out you will love a drysuit!!!!! Things just keep getting better.

Make sure you also get pure unsented talc for the latex seals, a drysuit requires gentle care and maintenance. Read the owners manual and follow it to the T.

Last edited:
I got mine a month ago from my shops Rep. He seems to think mine is the first one in the US outside of ScubaPro Employees.
It's a Sweet Suit. I dove it on a Training Dive with Students so my depth was limited. But at the Training depths I noticed 0 Squeeze. As oppose to my old suit, a CF200, that left nice marks on me. I wore thin 4th Element undergarments and noticed I was Very Warm at depth (56 degrees), So the neoprene seemed helpful there too.
I think if you're getting out of a CF200 it's a Nice change. Unless you're penetrating wrecks. That's the 1 thing I'm not sure about lol. But on the Whole I like my SP Suit :D :dork2:

I just got one to replace a suit from another manufacturer which was faulty. The Everdry is not the suit if you are going to be clambering through wrecks every dive but for most recreational diving is absolutely great. Its light, soft and well made. It fits more like a loose wetsuit than the bag type feeling you get with many drysuits. I got a deal which included the SP undergarment but its too bulky underneath the neat fitting suit for my money so I wear a couple of layers of close fit merino, very toasty! My first dive was 62 mins at 18m for scallops so very little activity, the water was 10c, my hands were really cold but unless you use dry gloves thats always going to be the case. Rest of me was comfortable.
the suit was comfy and produces very little drag, it is like wetsuit diving in that respect.
I think its obvious I like this suit :)

It's because people are not carefull and just plough into the wreck with no consideration for the wreck or thier own equipment. Normally the same people that say how good the dive was but everyone behind them is fogged out by thier bad bouyancy and finning.
But I could be wrong.

Yes the neoprene suits are not as durable as some of the more heavier duty trilam suits. They could rip easier, not that a trilam will not rip. Generally the trilam have a heavy duty cordura outer shell that is tough.

Here's the deal, I own a DUI TLS 350 Trilam Dry Suit, and its great, always Dry, great Latex Zip Seals (which you can change if you split on site, I alway carry a spare set.) you can dive with light undergarments in semi Tropical temps or full blown hi loft undergarments if you plan a trip to Antartica!! Its the Rolls Royce of Dry Suits, check out any photo expedition and you will find every Diver wearing DUI. Go to a DOG Day and Try one out for $25. BUT....be ready to shell out $2500, if you want one. On the down side if you are a new Diver Buoyancy Control can be a Challenge at first, and all the Tri Lam suits are not the most Comfortable. I have also dived rented Bare Nex Gen, to be fair it was a Rental Basic Dry Suit, it leaked in wrist seals due to them being damaged and they need sending away to be repaired. Nothing Special.

My wife an I also own a Scubapro Everdry 4 and love it, its Soft, Comfortable, Low Drag, Easy Buoyancy Control for new Diver to Dry Suits. We wear for Dive Training in Quarry in NE USA, Water temps down to mid 40's with Mid Layer undergarments, mid 50's with Base Layer undergarments, and its less than 1000. However you need to be real carefull with the rollunder Neoprene neck seal if you want to Stay Dry......I regularly get a little wet in it through neck seal, but its not a big deal because the suit is Neoprene so you still do not get cold not like you would in a Tri Lam. We are taking ours to Galapogas next month were temps can vary form 59 - 75, so it will be perfect. My advice, for now, get the Scubapro Everdry 4, its the a cheap flexible easy transition from wet suit to Dry Suit and save your pennies fro either a DUI or the new Bare SB. Just order slightly larger on the Scubapro as size runs small and it will give you more flexibility to add thicker undergraments. As to undergraments I love the new Bare SB Base Layer, its perefect under my Scubapro or my DUI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom