Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is the oscillation still only on the Atomic and not the MK10 ?

I’ve installed a precision needle valve between my pump, flow meter and then mouthpiece so I have great control. At 1 lpm which equals a sip as we’ve been taught to do when testing for cracking effort.

Now I’ve cranked up the flow to 2 lpm (Lol), IP drops 25 psi before recovery and the oscillation stopped. Compared to the MK10 Which only drops 5 psi before recovery the Atomic seems to drop quite a bit.

The oscillation is at such a super low sustained flow that it's unlikely to be noticeable when actually breathing on the regulator. A normal inhale breath generally resembles the first half of a bell curve; it starts low, increases and stops while at peak flow.

The oscillation is at such a super low sustained flow that it's unlikely to be noticeable when actually breathing on the regulator. A normal inhale breath generally resembles the first half of a bell curve; it starts low, increases and stops while at peak flow.
What about the IP drop in the Atomic do you see that as an issue?

What about the IP drop in the Atomic do you see that as an issue?

I don't see that as an issue either. All first stages have an IP drop when breathed and then recover. So long as it recovers quickly it's fine. There will be a small spike in WOB at that point which only a machine is going to notice.

I don't see that as an issue either. All first stages have an IP drop when breathed and then recover. So long as it recovers quickly it's fine. There will be a small spike in WOB at that point which only a machine is going to notice.
Thanks, I was hoping for a reason to take it apart. Lol

While research for its own sake has virtue, I think you have discovered a problem that doesn’t really exist from a practical standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom