Scubapro Aladin 2G Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magicangle

Registered
Reaction score
I have an Aladin 2G that I haven't really used much, and it recently went dead at the end of a dive. A battery change didn't seem to fix the problem, the unit is just dead. It didn't flood during the dive, and I don't have a good idea as to what went wrong with it. Question is, given that it is out of warranty is it worth taking to a dealer to see if it can be repaired, or do I have a really expensive paper weight?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if the unit is currently serviceable? I am assuming it's out of warranty.

There are also dive shops that are willing to work with you on trade-ins, if that helps.

Thanks for the tip. I'll send a message to Scubapro to see if anything can even be done. I'll also call a few local scubapro shops about a possible trade-in. If anyone knows any shop that frequent scubaboard that might be able to help with a trade-in, let me know I'll give them a call.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip. I'll send a message to Scubapro to see if anything can even be done. I'll also call a few local scubapro shops about a possible trade-in. If anyone knows any shop that frequent scubaboard that might be able to help with a trade-in, let me know I'll give them a call.

Thanks.
Don't accept 'no'. Its a known issue. I had to replace two of them. SP gave me a 3G recently, allegedly new and improved and made at a different factory.

I have read in french speaking forum that many Aladin 2G were replaced, even out of warranty. It is well known that some aladin 2G have an inbuild problem. So try to exchange it and let me know. My wife has an Aladin 2G that functions :)

Yes, a lot of them went dead some 2+ years ago :(

So to give you all an update. I have not heard a work back from Scubapro after multiple emails. I took it to a local shop who tells me that Scubapro won't fix it and Scubapro isn't offering me any trade in on it. The shop is pushing me to the Oceanic trade-in program that is ongoing. I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with Scubapro. The computer was in the water maybe 10 times over the last few years and is nearly in mint condition. I guess I'm done buying anything with a Scubapro logo on it, as it appears they sell junk with no long term support.

To those with current Aladin 2g's, I hope you didn't get the lemon lot that I seem to have ended up with.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

SHAME ON SCUBAPRO :(

ScubaPro NEVER deals directly with customers.

You have to take the computer to a dealer and they send it in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom