Scubapro AIR 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rsingler @lexvil @Kupu ,
Update time... After a computer dying, having to replace it and then having to rebuild all my print profiles, I finally got back to this. Looking at the parts Lex sent me, I think screw together is the way to go... the snap fit parts are a little small for me to be confident in my printer being able to reliably replicate. One off, I could do it... but the print failure rate and reliability of the part I wouldn't trust.
So I introduce the DWE AIR1 Dive-Predive Switch v 0.2:
20210317_074431.jpg 20210317_074705.jpg 20210317_074720.jpg
Assembled with a 116 O-ring and 2 M2.5 x 8 stainless screws, self tapped into the plastic.... which does mean a limited number of re-uses out of the inner switch before it's wallowed out, but beats the one-time use of the factory snap together. I haven't tested in water (I don't want to open the working one that was loaned to me), but I believe a dab of silicone under the screwheads should suffice to keep it from leaking through the screws.... or a sticker can be made similar to the factory design.
I will print a couple of version 0.3 this week, and get them headed out to beta testers... then it's up to them to report back!

Respectfully,

James

@rsingler @lexvil @Kupu ,
Update time... After a computer dying, having to replace it and then having to rebuild all my print profiles, I finally got back to this. Looking at the parts Lex sent me, I think screw together is the way to go... the snap fit parts are a little small for me to be confident in my printer being able to reliably replicate. One off, I could do it... but the print failure rate and reliability of the part I wouldn't trust.
So I introduce the DWE AIR1 Dive-Predive Switch v 0.2:
View attachment 648081 View attachment 648082 View attachment 648083
Assembled with a 116 O-ring and 2 M2.5 x 8 stainless screws, self tapped into the plastic.... which does mean a limited number of re-uses out of the inner switch before it's wallowed out, but beats the one-time use of the factory snap together. I haven't tested in water (I don't want to open the working one that was loaned to me), but I believe a dab of silicone under the screwheads should suffice to keep it from leaking through the screws.... or a sticker can be made similar to the factory design.
I will print a couple of version 0.3 this week, and get them headed out to beta testers... then it's up to them to report back!

Respectfully,

James
Looking good sir! Can you make one in orange :wink:

Looking good sir! Can you make one in orange :wink:
I don't have any orange filament at present.... but anything is possible! If testing goes as expected, the store will be open soon, lol.

Great job! It would be cool if someone familiar with taking the reg apart could swap the switch and test it :)

Back
Top Bottom