Scubapro abandoning its customers! Fix Smarttrak!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
If Scubapro continues to ignore the compatibility issues between Smattrak and current versions of Windows, they should provide an efficient solution for converting a logbook with thousands of dives to a reliable dive log platform! They have been ignoring this issue for over a year, and it will cost them customers if they don't take care of issues.

I figured they abandoned it as they now have a link to deepblu on their site. Upon looking, I thought they were pushing Deepblu software, but they only provide a "Partner" link on the bottom of their webpage. That still surprises me as Deepblu makes a dive computer and therefore is competition to SP. Db software works with a couple SP computers, looks like just the newer ones.

Switch to Diving Log 6.0 or similar. Scubapro obviously isn't in the software business. Their Mac support is even worse.

Scubapro markets their computers as downloadable to their proprietary log book programs so they literally are in the software business.

Scubapro markets their computers as downloadable to their proprietary log book programs so they literally are in the software business.
I’m pretty sure their new flagship computer the G2 uses Logtrak, not Smart Trak. They have finally got with the program and put Bluetooth in a computer. I just checked my divelog and I see my first IrDA Uwatec downloaded dive was June 2002. Scubapro hasnt been good at the software thing for years. Other than you feeling that Scubapro owes it to you to make their old technology work with the latest and greatest version of Windows, what is your opposition to trying one of the Dive Log programs that is actually supported and will also work with your dive computer? I get that they aren’t free, but not dealing with the headache that you are currently dealing with has to be worth something? I see this as the Finding the adapter to convert VHS tapes to digital and then putting the VCR in the recycling bin.

They need to provide a way to easily import the Smarttrak dive log in to their newer software. I have over 2500 dive profiles recorded on the Smarttrak software, and want to be able to continue to actively use this information.

They need to provide a way to easily import the Smarttrak dive log in to their newer software. I have over 2500 dive profiles recorded on the Smarttrak software, and want to be able to continue to actively use this information.
I get that. There is a Smart Trak import function in Diving Log 6.0. You can transfer the data and continue to use it in software that is actually supported, and will support other computers as well.

Back
Top Bottom