ScubaBoarders Invade the S/Y Philippine Siren 2013!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be in the PI on a diving trip 3rd jan to 3rd Feb.

I'm a bit broken hearted because we can't afford this trip for two of us. Ha. Looks amazing though! Wave to us as you pass by.

Lynne, I recommend the Rags II for a Coron/Apo Reef liveaboard excursion embarking from Puerto Galera, and affiliated with Tech Asia, a noted GUE Facility.

You can easily rent a full & familiar standard DIR single/doubles kit, primary lights & scooters in advance from the above operations and leave your BP/W & regs at home if you wish.

Otherwise, the S/Y Philippine Siren recreational itinerary above looks fun!
Rags II is my preferred choice also but if the north-east monsoon is blowing down from Siberia. There is no way that I want to sail round that cape in Mindoro at that time!

Wow. My wife is a non diver from Cebu. She just told me that time frame is also Sinulog. We could part ways in Manila for 10 days, and Grandma could spend time with our son.

If I were sure that Lynne and drbill were going to be there, that would make it that much more tempting. Would enjoy meeting these folks, and I know I would enjoy diving with them.

Two major hurdles ... logistics from work, and the public school gods annointing the time off for my son. I've dived from Borocay and it was fantastic. Maybe the best ever. I so much want to do this.

Two major hurdles ... logistics from work, and the public school gods annointing the time off for my son. I've dived from Borocay and it was fantastic. Maybe the best ever. I so much want to do this.

How about these...
For your son and school, maybe discuss having your son do a trip report with pictures and his take on how important the tropical sea is kept clean and showcase as much critters he could find by the shore and around the shore. He may even chance on some floating seeds of mangrove seeds.

On land At night there would be various interesting subjects for science topic. Like various bugs, insects, geckos.

If you can get him his own waterproof camera(rated good for 5 meters, or u/w disposable cameras) so he may show actual live corals, bubble algae, clams and of course colorful fishes.

For your work logistics... invite your office gods to join you dive the philippine reefs :D

Will your trip be stopping in Manila? Fancy get-together with the PPD faction of Scubaboard? Even better.. a stop in Batangas/Anilao/Mabini for a big trans-pacific SB dive-in?

How about these...
For your son and school, maybe discuss having your son do a trip report with pictures and his take on how important the tropical sea is kept clean and showcase as much critters he could find by the shore and around the shore. He may even chance on some floating seeds of mangrove seeds.

On land At night there would be various interesting subjects for science topic. Like various bugs, insects, geckos.

If you can get him his own waterproof camera(rated good for 5 meters, or u/w disposable cameras) so he may show actual live corals, bubble algae, clams and of course colorful fishes.

For your work logistics... invite your office gods to join you dive the philippine reefs :D

I appreciate the suggestions, thanks. I will be meeting my son's teacher for this new school year this week. My plans include what you have suggested. I should add, he will only be in kindergarten, so many of these experiences can be of value to his entire class, no doubt. Also, grandma just turned 70, so their opportunities to see each other are limited and precious.

We'll see how it goes. One way or the other, I'm getting back there. When I say the diving in the Philippines is some of the best ever, it's about the people as much as what's underwater.

i'm booked on the siren, 10/19 thru /10/29, southern visayas itinerary, full boat charter. i'll attempt a brief trip report upon returning,,

reefman
key largo

We look forward to welcoming you aboard reefman. I'm sure the trip with Stephen will be superb and the whale sharks are now being seen each trip os get ready for some big fish and of course plenty of critters.

A report would be great too.

best wishes
Siren Fleet team

---------- Post Merged at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

a brief report. c'mon they have wireless internet , update daily ! :D

Hey Paolov Sorry to disappoint but there is no internet aboard the Philippine Siren but there are computers so Reefman can write up his report and save it for his return :)

I should add, he will only be in kindergarten.

aws, does that mean he wont have his own waterproof camera then? :D

Waterproof camera $$ , picture with grandma, Priceless hehehehe

Have fun !!!

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Hey Paolov Sorry to disappoint but there is no internet aboard the Philippine Siren but there are computers so Reefman can write up his report and save it for his return :)

am sure it wont take long before someone on board would bring their internet capable, wifi (SMART , GLOBE or SUN) or tether their android for wifi especially if you have a ScubaBoard Addict on board hehehhe

We look forward to welcoming you aboard reefman. I'm sure the trip with Stephen will be superb and the whale sharks are now being seen each trip os get ready for some big fish and of course plenty of critters.

A report would be great too.

best wishes
Siren Fleet team

I am on that trip with reefman and Stephen. Can't wait ti see some big animals!

I am on that trip with reefman and Stephen. Can't wait ti see some big animals!

We look forward to welcoming you Tim :)

On the last trip at least 8 whale sharks were seen - have a look at our Facebook page Siren Fleet | Facebook to see a superb photo from Jeff de Guzman taken during his cruise

Best wishes,
Siren Fleet

Back
Top Bottom