Scubaboard Surge 2017 Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like this will be our first dive vacation.If we get a room.

Y'all have chosen an excellent way to initiate yourself into dive travel. Dennis and Roxanne always find great places and negotiate great deals so you have a worry free week of diving and fun.

The only non-included expenses you should be prepared for are excursions, night dives, Nitrox (if you use it) and the Firster Rule. What is the Firster Rule, you ask? All first time travelers are required to pick up the excess bar bills of the veteran Surgers. Luckily for you, they take credit cards. :) :D :)

:wavesmiley:

What's with this 3 drinks a night thing? Last Surge I remember beer mugs filled with scotch. Now we have to find a firster to buy my scotch. I'm not sure about you Gary but I'm gonna have to look at other options now.

I think the folk in Bonaire put out a Public Service Announcement about us and open bars. I don't think we hurt the folk in Curacao that much ... but who's counting?

This trip is getting stunningly expensive! I suppose cardzard and Roxanne will be wanting a shout from us also. I'm going to check the couch cushions. On second thought maybe a small loan

What's with this 3 drinks a night thing? Last Surge I remember beer mugs filled with scotch...

We love Cayman Brac and have stayed at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort 3 times and would love to go back soon; it's a great experience.

The Caymans are expensive and I think that the all-inclusive CBBR is a great deal. The food is buffet style but very good and they offer a terrific barbecue on Friday night.

Alcohol is quite pricey in the Caymans so we usually pick up a couple of bottles at the duty-free shop in the airport before we leave the US. There is a small frig in each room and there used to be a well-stocked ice machine available for guest use right behind the bar - but I haven't been there since they've remodeled the bar so I am not sure of the current set-up.

You will pass a small shop and liquor store on the short ride to the resort from the airport and you can buy mixers there. You can purchase cola and other items from the small resort store off the lobby. The resort offers free use of bicycles so you can also use one of them to ride to the store, too. Keep in mind that island shops are closed on Sundays.

We like the option of mixing some of our own drinks to help keep down the bar bill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom