Scubaboard Surge 2017 Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you traveling with non-diving family and friends, the resort has a small exercise room and a small spa. The prices at the spa aren't bad. I've gotten massages at the spa and enjoyed them!

They also have tennis courts (and I think basketball?) I've already mentioned the free use of bicycles and there are wetlands and nature preserves. There are also hammocks under tiki huts on the beach. I don't think that swimming off the beach is very good but the new pool looks gorgeous.

In addition to the Friday night barbecue the resort offers nightly entertainments, like movie night and trivia. Bingo is a very popular night and everyone joins including the staff and local residents.

It's just a beautiful, clean, relaxing place with pleasant staff, and terrific, easy diving with an excellent dive op. I have never been there in January so I don't know if the amount of fish life will be similar in the cooler waters - but there are usually loads of great stuff to see when we have been there and the boat rides to the reef are short.

When you look at the price keep in mind that this is high season in the Caribbean and the price includes just about everything (transfers, meals, diving, taxes, and hotel service charges). The only other costs are airfare and dive shop tips (or if you add on any extras like night dives or a bar bill above your package.)

Have fun!

They heard we were coming. Airfare is one of the reasons we are looking at other options.

Whether we can wait until January is part of the big question!
It turns out that the answer to that question is no. My son and I just booked the Caribbean Explorer in Sept for a St Kitts/Saba/St Martin trip. It'll be our first liveaboard so we're pretty excited about it. :)

Wish I could talk the wife into doing the Surge as well but she's not a diver and isn't keen on waiting for me to return each day so I'll have to satisfy my Firster responsibilities on another trip. :(

They heard we were coming. Airfare is one of the reasons we are looking at other options.
That is why I booked the flights over a week ago. I expected the airlines would notice an uptick in reservations and sharpen their gouge.

That is why I booked the flights over a week ago. I expected the airlines would notice an uptick in reservations and sharpen their gouge.

I wish I was that confident that I would get a room. 16-22 hr flight just sucks. At the cheaper rate it wasn't that bad, now it just sucks. I suppose I will still try to get a room, and now if I don't it wont make me sad. If i do get a room I might break the flight up into a day trip into MIA (i could go for a nice paella) then fly out to brac on the 14th. IDK.

I wish I was that confident that I would get a room. 16-22 hr flight just sucks. At the cheaper rate it wasn't that bad, now it just sucks. I suppose I will still try to get a room, and now if I don't it wont make me Bay . If i do get a room I might break the flight up into a day trip into MIA (i could go for a nice paella) then fly out to brac on the 14thRoxann

Don't sweat it Dizzy. Call Al/Felix @Bay Adventures at 0600 PDT/0900 EST and you'll get a room. And yes.....stay away from the PUB, unless you have an opinion. BTW, it doesn't matter what your opinion is or if you have substantial facts. I'm positive there will be persons to the north of us that will dispute your facts. :wink:

Last edited:
Who is Mr. Gator? Somebody from the Pub? :poke:

Careful, boy-o. I quit the PUB long ago. The PUB is like a magnet. It's one thing but has to complete opposites that will never meet nor change the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom