Scubaboard loads slow compared to ST forum and Decostop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don, that's not on the plate right now. After we finish with cloning another server and introducing it into our load balancing schema. We will be looking at it in about a week or so: right now the focus is on SPEED.

Don, that's not on the plate right now. After we finish with cloning another server and introducing it into our load balancing schema. We will be looking at it in about a week or so: right now the focus is on SPEED.
Okee dokee, there was some confusion about recognizing the problem, but I'll turn lose of it now. If you would scotch tape that post-it as a self reminder so it won't fall off again, please - along with auto reducing photos to 640-700 max width...?

Best wishes on safe speed....
ende.gif

- along with auto reducing photos to 640-700 max width...?

That is very much needed. SOME folks don't post pics that are 1500 pixels wide.

It would be ok if it just made that one post wide, but it makes every reply in the thread wide and you have to scroll left/right to read the text in the other threads.

If someone posts a wide pic, if there is a way to auto reduce it in the thread to XXX pixels wide and if you want to see it bigger, fix it so you can click on it to enlarge it perhaps?

thanks.

Site is much faster tonight than the nights before. I used an addon in firefox called fasterfox, went from 35+ seconds 2 nights ago to 7.3s tonight.

That is very much needed. SOME folks don't post pics that are 1500 pixels wide.

It would be ok if it just made that one post wide, but it makes every reply in the thread wide and you have to scroll left/right to read the text in the other threads.

If someone posts a wide pic, if there is a way to auto reduce it in the thread to XXX pixels wide and if you want to see it bigger, fix it so you can click on it to enlarge it perhaps?

thanks.
A v-board can indeed auto reduce pics to 700 wide, but that has not been added to SB yet. It does ruin a thread when a huge one is posted. Just Report the post.

I'm not sure how much you guys have done to make things faster, but I used another computer over the W/E and accessed SB using Mozilla Firefox and it seemed much faster. So I loaded Firefox on my home computer and it has eliminated all the annoying pauses and delays as pages load. I am now running both Firefox and IE and it is obvious that firefox is much faster and smoother. I'll compare the two more later this PM during higher traffic times but I'm pretty sure IE and the PDA mode are a thing of the past for me.

We've done some tuning... and there's still more to come.

I use IE. For me, it loads faster.

I think some changes were made last week that made it a LOT FASTER, but then it got slower again... seems a little faster again now. (But until last night and this morning I've been away from the board for about 5 days also).

That's just an observation, not a complaint as I know that 'fine tuning work' is in progress.

I'm not sure how much you guys have done to make things faster, but I used another computer over the W/E and accessed SB using Mozilla Firefox and it seemed much faster. So I loaded Firefox on my home computer and it has eliminated all the annoying pauses and delays as pages load. I am now running both Firefox and IE and it is obvious that firefox is much faster and smoother. I'll compare the two more later this PM during higher traffic times but I'm pretty sure IE and the PDA mode are a thing of the past for me.
FF has long seemed twice as fast as IE, I never use IE except on a few sites that don't react well to FF, but until your thread and the subsequent changes - SB was draggin-butt...!!
We've done some tuning... and there's still more to come.

I use IE. For me, it loads faster.
The improvements are great, and while I know you know computers better than I do, I am amazed that you like IE? :confused: I have never heard that from an experienced computer operator before.
I think some changes were made last week that made it a LOT FASTER, but then it got slower again... seems a little faster again now. (But until last night and this morning I've been away from the board for about 5 days also).

That's just an observation, not a complaint as I know that 'fine tuning work' is in progress.
SB was down for an hour or so Sunday night I think - and this may happen at times as they continue to upgrade. :eyebrow:

SB was down for an hour or so Sunday night I think - and this may happen at times as they continue to upgrade. :eyebrow:
That's right Don, we will be doing some swappage of servers over the next few days, so we may see some slight performance variances and those will probably not be good. However, we should be through all of this within the next few days and up to a week. Something may push this back, but things look really solid for us.

Back
Top Bottom