ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All 4 of us were full vaccinated (2+1), plus I am normally highly immunity to bugs of any type.
I suspect that the 24-48hr stomach bug that I experienced on Thurs, plus the severe pain from most certanly tearing out a screw in my recent ankle implant, severely combined to lower my natural resistance.

So far the symptoms just mimic a head cold, although a pretty strong bug.

Hope everyone fares well, and we all get to dive together again soon.

Lisa and I tested negative this morning so we are hopeful for good health and quick recoveries for those with the bug.

I need to post a heads up to my fellow Invaders.
I just tested Positive for Covid on a home test kit.
What started out on Thurs as a stomach bug, and was improving quickly, morphed into a wicked head cold while we were traveling home yesterday.
Because of massive flight delays we did not get to my brother's until 4AM.
I was too exhausted to test then but I just took the test.

Obviously there was an exposure at some point during our Invasion, and I want everyone to be aware, and alert for symptoms.
Danny and I are both positive.
All 4 of us were full vaccinated (2+1), plus I am normally highly immunity to bugs of any type.
I suspect that the 24-48hr stomach bug that I experienced on Thurs, plus tearing out a screw in my recent ankle implant, severely lowered my natural resistance.

Danny and I just had the head cold symptoms.

I suspect that the 24-48hr stomach bug that I experienced on Thurs, plus the severe pain from most certanly tearing out a screw in my recent ankle implant, severely combined to lower my natural resistance.

Sorry to hear all this, Jim. Hope you feel much better real soon.

That is truly all I have too, although a fairly decent head cold right now, compared to my occasional head cold.
I just drove 3 hours home from NJ, and am just tired, so I am way ahead of what most folks experience.
I was a bit stunned that I actually tested+, my symptoms are so mild.

Fare thee well. May this remains mild for all effected!

My only real concern is that others are alerted of potential exposure.

......and for folks here at the farmhouse. We have 2 younger adults ( one severely immune compromised due to several heart attacks), and 2 invincable teenage boys. All anti-vaccers.

I am isolating, and ordering the occasional mug of craft brew from the keg.
I am not even going into the kitchen, or touching the fridge.
I must Milk this while possible!
I called all of my clientele and extended my vacation by a week.
:cheers:

Hope everyone fares well, and we all get to dive together again

I just had my second booster 3 weeks ago, with the intention of having maximum immunity for the week ahead of, and the week of, the invasion.

This is the third time since November I have had cold or flu symptoms. The two prior times I tested negative, repeatedly. This is by far the mildest of the three (I went through at least a box of tissues each prior time, and ran a fever. I'm up to maybe 15 tissues by now, and I don't believe I have had a fever). But this time I am positive.

BTW, COVID can include GI symptoms, so your GI stuff was likely the start of COVID.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom