ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link - super useful in some add'l insights!

I am on vacation and by the time you add in the cost of the bus from Cancun then the ferry and dont forget the return costs it dosnt make sense for me and the wife.
After just even a little bit of a deeper dive, I'm quickly coming to the same conclusion. The slightly more money on the flight and an hour-ish connection seems to far outweigh the hassle of the drag.

I've got a few questions ...

1) Will Dive Paradise fill my pony bottle? Onsite, offsite?

2) For the cenote trip, I'm assuming it will be on the mainland. Will transportation be by private boat or on one of the ferries? (See pony bottle above - my recollection is that they are verboten on the ferries.)

3) Is there any idea of when the Friday cenote diving would be complete? (for return flight planning purposes)

Offsite they do not fill any tanks onsite
2) For the cenote trip, I'm assuming it will be on the mainland. Will transportation be by private boat or on one of the ferries? (See pony bottle above - my recollection is that they are verboten on the ferries.)
The group will go to the public ferry and the tour people will be waiting, Not sure about pony bottle on ferry would need to get Bay Adventures to check
3) Is there any idea of when the Friday cenote diving would be complete? (for return flight planning purposes)
Once we know how large the group is I will get Bay adventures to find out which cenotes will be used.

The way we ran the Cenote Trip last time was we took the ferry over 250-310 pesos about $15 each way (I believe we were on the 8am crossing). I didnt see anyone looking in bags for pony bottles or contraband but it is Mexico so things could have changed.

We then worked out getting everyone loaded into vans and ran down to the Hotel where the Dive Shop operates from. Did a bit of paperwork then back into the vans and down to Dos Ojos and into the water about 10ish. Did a couple of dives back to the hotel for a late lunch about 2ish we then got on the ferry about 4 or so and back to the hotel in time for dinner.

I am not sure if we are using the same dive operation or going to the same area or somewhere else, I am hoping to change it up and do El Pit but Dennis and Roxanne do a great job setting things up. On a run like this trip there are a lot of moving parts and you have to be a little flexible with the times.

The Crew list has been updated​

If I spelled your name wrong or if you have a SB name to include please PM me.
There are only a maximum 30 diver spots left

Do Not Delay!!
Welcome to the new Crew Members

Grab a tank on day 1, " for a shore dive", and fill it yourself....
That is what my brother does when we dive Bonaire. ( or dived, before Covid)

Back
Top Bottom