ScubaBoard has made me a celebrity ... well almost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went to the jetties today (report below) and as I finished the dive a gentleman came up to me and asked me about the pictures I took today. As we were talking he asked if I ever went on ScubaBoard and then asked if I was SeaYoda. He said he had done a search for "Destin Jetties" and found a thousand SeaYodas. Imagine that, a thousand MEs :D. Does this mean I post too much :11: ?

...... 15 seconds of fame now over :laughing: ........

The beach was very crowded today with sunners, snorkelers, boaters, and divers.
Water temp at 45' was 86 degrees. The viz was a particle full 15' - 20'. The dangerous Homo sapiens with scuba gear were worse than the viz by far. I was peacefully taking pictures near the end of the North side of the jetty when a pod of clods (about 12) surrounded me and admitted me into their bottom stirring clan by landing all around me. I folded my hands and watched as the leader of the tribe slowly rounded up his wandering flock out of the gloom and landed each one within 15' of me. They finally left me behind in the swirling sand. At the end of the dive I emptied my BC and sat on the bottom wasting the last of my tank at 15' as I watched the sea life pass me by - until I feel something bumping my tank. I turned my head to see another diver (obviously well trained in awareness in the sea) swimming slowly backwards into me. She almost wrapped herself around my tank before she gave me a startled glance and moved on. I weaved my way through the boats and back across the beach to go home. Only a few pics turned out - here's what I got:

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most famous Scubaboarder of them all? SeaYoda:D

You just made that spot so POPULAR by your pictures that everyone has to come see for themselves. :D

Floridawannabe:
You just made that spot so POPULAR by your pictures that everyone has to come see for themselves. :D
The bad part is that those pictures are from a collection of dives - I hope folks don't come to see all that stuff all the time. It's a fun dive because you never know what will swim by.

SeaYoda:
I went to the jetties today (report below) and as I finished the dive a gentleman came up to me and asked me about the pictures I took today. As we were talking he asked if I ever went on ScubaBoard and then asked if I was SeaYoda. He said he had done a search for "Destin Jetties" and found a thousand SeaYodas. Imagine that, a thousand MEs :D. Does this mean I post too much :11: ?

Maybe you've been cloned?

Now I wonder if this was the real SeaYoda I met or one of his clones?

Nice pics SeaYoda, we had much the same conditions at the PC jetties yesterday.

Funny story SeaYoda! Question though.. were the divers who showed up and landing around you of the student variety or the self proclaimed weighted-bottom-walker variety? :D

Keep posting the pics, it keeps that area on my mind for coming up to dive one day. :)

Oiy! Sure looks busy out there, everyone enjoys the pics though :D

Love the nose-to-nose Grunts.
Reckon what they're thinkin' ? :)
Rick

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom