Gear I lost on April 6th has been found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve lost a light, a pole spear, a toothless float bag, and a spear gun over the last few years. Got them all back. Put your your name and phone number on everything! You’d be surprised how generous people are about returning stuff.
I'm missing one toothless float bag still. I'm holding out hope that one day I'll get that phone call. It had a fish on it too. Not realizing we had a south current, the plan was to dive north. I floated a bag with a fish, it drifted south, and the boat went north. :(

I soaked the equipment in barnacle buster for a week and it cleaned up enough that it no longer smelled and could go back in the garage.

Before:
PXL_20240629_223602400.jpg

After:
449080809_355349377368683_6631790282485911809_n.jpg

WOW! Nice!

NICE!. The clear tube looks really 'see-thru' good and not scratched up.
Can you share with other future readers of your thread who may run into a similar recovery......What product or home mixture recipe / amounts did you use to get your results ?

It's ready to dive !!

NICE!. The clear tube looks really 'see-thru' good and not scratched up.
Can you share with other future readers of your thread who may run into a similar recovery......What product or home mixture recipe / amounts did you use to get your results ?

It's ready to dive !!

I filled a 20+ gallon bin with water, mixed in about 1/8 of a bottle of Barnacle Buster, and let it soak a few days. Then I emptied it and did it again for a few more days.

Why Barnacle Buster? My buddy who works on boats had a gallon bottle with about 1/4 remaining that he gave me.

On May 18th, we had a south current. We didn't know, and the plan was to dive north. I shot a fish and floated it with a toothless float. The fish drifted south and the boat went north, never picking up my float and fish. It's been almost 2 months.

Yesterday I received a text from a guy saying he had my float. He's had it for several weeks and forgot to reach out. It doesn't look like it's been in the water long. I'm guessing he found it within a day or two of me losing it. He found it near the PB inlet. I lost it a few miles north of the inlet.

The only lost item now is a Nautilus Lifeline, the original model that I lost a year ago. This item I will probably never see again, but I'm pleased that my other lost gear has found its way home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom