SCUBABOARD football poll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
...How 'bout them Cowboys!:D

The Big Tuna is truely amazing to have turned the cowboys around his first season. What a year their having.

And the Bengals...Hold on to the tie break in the AFC North so they are in FIRST. Is that hard to believe or what in Week 12.
That's 3 W's in a row for the Bengals.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled... That's 3 W's in a row for the Bengals.
What is really scary is that in their last 6 games, they are 5 for 6....having beaten KC, Seattle, and Baltimore.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
What is really scary is that in their last 6 games, they are 5 for 6....having beaten KC, Seattle, and Baltimore.

They have Pitt, Baltimore and St. Louis on the Road the next 3 out of 4 games.

Way to go Scubaboard!:)

I thought i was doing good at 22 and several of you smoked me at 24 and 26. Best week by far for our pool!

Oorah!

All I can say, week after week, is "AT LEAST MY PATRIOTS WON."

I can't seem to pick too many other teams right.:)

benncool once bubbled...
All I can say, week after week, is "AT LEAST MY PATRIOTS WON."

My lord that was stressful.

I had given up, left the car and went shopping when I heard the dude in newbury comics talking about a comeback.

Question:

Who was coach the last time the Lions went to a playoff game? (I know that was a long time ago, but try).

What was Wayne's W/L record every year he coached for the Lions? Please tell me the Lions W/L record for the last 4 years.

Bottom line. It wasnt' Wayne, and it's not Mooch. It's ownership pure and simple. How much would you as an owner put into a team when you can fill up the stadium each and every weekend that they play in town? Sold-out suites, club seats, and everything else. At premium dollars. It makes zero economic sense for them to put money into their team.

Want a perfect example? Take a look at the Detroit Red Wings before Mike Illitch purchased them. The Norris organization did not do a thing to improve that team until the attendance got so bad that they could not ignore it anymore. Coach after coach after general manager. When it hurts in the pocketbook, changes get made.

diverbrian once bubbled...
of being Lions fans. Remember, that they are are the LIONS not the Detroit BARRY's. They will do fine one day (like when Mooch can get 22 healthy bodies to put on the field for Sunday's). Right now, you could probably make up a pretty decent team just off the Lion's IR list.

I was a fan of Barry Sanders too, but life goes on and maybe he had too much power without the leadership skills. The Fords kept Wayne Fontes and some others who should have been gone earlier in great part because Barry lobbied for them.

detroit diver once bubbled...
Question:

Who was coach the last time the Lions went to a playoff game? (I know that was a long time ago, but try).

What was Wayne's W/L record every year he coached for the Lions? Please tell me the Lions W/L record for the last 4 years.

Bottom line. It wasnt' Wayne, and it's not Mooch. It's ownership pure and simple. How much would you as an owner put into a team when you can fill up the stadium each and every weekend that they play in town? Sold-out suites, club seats, and everything else. At premium dollars. It makes zero economic sense for them to put money into their team.

Want a perfect example? Take a look at the Detroit Red Wings before Mike Illitch purchased them. The Norris organization did not do a thing to improve that team until the attendance got so bad that they could not ignore it anymore. Coach after coach after general manager. When it hurts in the pocketbook, changes get made.

Did you try looking it up on the internet?

www.infoplease.com (ESPN)

Picks are due in BEFORE Thursday's Games

detroit diver once bubbled...
Question:

As I recall, it was Wayne Fontes. Or did you already know that and were just making a point?

Back
Top Bottom