ScubaBoard divers age group

Diver survey ... which age group are you?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the 50 - 59 yo group and just got OW certified this Sept. The plan is to dive until something prevents me from doing it. There is so much to look forward to I'm certain I'll continue for many years. I like to see the wide spread of ages involved because it shows that this activity is alive and well.

I am SO glad this sport varies in age, it's make every dive unpredictable

:shakehead:30 something whipper snappers are problably making the under 60's take care of their grandkids so they can go out and play:blinking:

:shakehead:30 something whipper snappers are problably making the under 60's take care of their grandkids so they can go out and play:blinking:
MAKING?? Its not like my parents and grandparends arent happy to spend some time with their grand-/great grandchildren :p

(Nope, Im not the one leaving them there as Im not a parent myself, but I do have a niece and a nephew and another one on the way this christmas)

One of the things that I like about diving as a sport is that it tends to be the slightly older divers who are the best in the world. Nuno Gomes was 53 when he set the world deep diving record. John Chatterton is still exploring deep dark and dangerous wrecks at 57.

I think of myself as still being well off my prime at 36.

Im in the 30-39 group. Started earlier this year. I go back and look at all the money I have spent...well dont wont to think about it. I would either spend it on diving or on another hobby so no biggie.

I'm 26 now, started diving at 11, but had a long period of no diving while I was busy with national level baseball, hockey, martial arts in high school. Then I went to university and lacked the time and money to dive much then, and I never stopped missing it. Now I'm out of school, employed full time making reasonable money, and I'm diving more than ever. I've definetly had to make concessions to be able to dive as much as I like, and to be able to afford the tech classes to do the types of dives that I like, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hopefully I'll be logged on here 35 years from now, harassing all the young whipper snappers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom